News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Hello Earthling

Started by Kester, December 23, 2008, 09:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kester

Hi there!
Username: helloearthling
Email: helloearthling at gmail dot com. Surprise!
The site: A simple little web comic. I have 15 up and growing on a deviantArt account, http://fudging.deviantart.com/gallery/#hello-earthling , and I update on what I call a daily-random schedule; it's daily when not affected by unforeseen events.

I would like to point out here that I had a hard drive failure in the summer, and finally now I have had a long enough free period to reconstruct the original file; I like to think that shows the dedication to this comic I have. I really want to be able to make this work.

I have good HTML knowledge and have played with a hint of PHP before. I own the domain www.helloearthling.co.uk, which is a bit of an ugly design but shows the knowledge. It was created before the comic and hasn't been updated for over a year; the appearance I'm thinking of for the comic is a mostly white page with the comic and a few minimal buttons on it. I figure that'll be hard for me to get wrong.
(Don't judge me by the comic there, it was done at pace for a competition a long time ago, I put it up for the sake of seeing if I could get the PHP to work. It did, but I still didn't want to be working under such an impersonal host.)

Xepher would be good for me as it is less restrictive than the current URL host. I'd be good for Xepher as an arty little comic producer.

Thanks for reading, hope to be a part of the community soon.

Xepher

I've taken a look at some of your stuff... it's in the "maybe" category for me right now, until I get time to read more of it. I could use some other opinions here if anyone has them though.

Xepher

Well, I kinda like the simplistic style, but I've only seen one update since you posted the application. I know it's the holidays, but for "daily-random" as you call it, a week without updates after only two weeks of comics isn't a good sign. Have you done any sort of long-term project (another comic?) before?

Kester

Quote from: Xepher on January 01, 2009, 12:53:50 AM
Well, I kinda like the simplistic style, but I've only seen one update since you posted the application. I know it's the holidays, but for "daily-random" as you call it, a week without updates after only two weeks of comics isn't a good sign. Have you done any sort of long-term project (another comic?) before?

An explanation: My tablet fantastically broke immediately after Christmas. I'll have to withdraw the application for now, at least until I am able to begin drawing them again ^^;

Xepher

No problem... reapply when you're ready.