News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Artica: Coders, Artists, Testers Needed

Started by Xepher, September 29, 2005, 10:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefemnazi

Me like break things.

I'd say I can help with the art, but I'm not so good at actual output.  Arranging someone elses output, I could easily help with.

And what I know about coding = well, nothing.  I was going to say something funny, and then I couldn't.

But if you're interested in people that do textile type arts (fabric arts like knit, crochet, sew, attacking things with scissors and seeing what happens....) I can promote in a few of my communities.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Xepher

Speaking of things on my todo list... I still need to get this thing done someday. Everything online has been on hold for me as of late. Real world kicks me a lot. My truck got hit in the parking lot overnight... smashed the driver's door. Not even a note. Mean people suck!

thefemnazi

mean people need prozac.

Hope your insurance covers it.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Xepher

Insurance? Bah, I can't afford anything more than the minimal liability. They wanted nearly $1600/6months for full coverage on my car. That's over three grand a year. The car only cost me $12,000, so I figured not destroying it in 4 years would be a better deal than having insurance. Man, it sucks being a male driver under 25. I've never even been pulled over, much less gotten a ticket, and I've been driving since the day I turned 15. Yet they still treat me as a high risk. Oh well. It's been 2 years since I got the car, so I've saved nearly $5,000 by NOT paying insurance, so it's still technically a "win." It just ticks me off that it's not MY fault. I mean, if I did something stupid and slid off the road or something, fine, I deserve to pay the price, but this... GRRRRRRR!

Moondancer

Hey, new around here, but I'm an artist and I'd be more than willing to help with this project.

Dejichan

Hello ^^
I'm new here *waves*
This sounds really interesting =D
If you manage to get it done, I'm pretty sure that it'd be a great success =3
I'm a deviantART user myself and, even if I'm quite happy there and I've met lots of people, it would be nice to have more of an artist's community, where people can be known and respected not just for teir art but for their behavior and their manners towards the resto of the comunnity. And I'd be glad to see people actually having nice galleries to look at more than the thousands of random users that just upload screenshots, badly done wallpapers or bad scribbles...

Since I'm not part of the community (yet?) I won't say "count me in!" , but "go Artica!" =3 I really hope you can get through your IRL issues and start this great project =3

And who knows... if I end up being part of this community i could help qith beta-testing, art if needed and advertising at DeviantART ^^
I'm a lazy flower waiting for spring to fully bloom =P

Kira Dwenna

Quote from: XepherInsurance? Bah, I can't afford anything more than the minimal liability. They wanted nearly $1600/6months for full coverage on my car. That's over three grand a year. The car only cost me $12,000, so I figured not destroying it in 4 years would be a better deal than having insurance. Man, it sucks being a male driver under 25. I've never even been pulled over, much less gotten a ticket, and I've been driving since the day I turned 15. Yet they still treat me as a high risk. Oh well. It's been 2 years since I got the car, so I've saved nearly $5,000 by NOT paying insurance, so it's still technically a "win." It just ticks me off that it's not MY fault. I mean, if I did something stupid and slid off the road or something, fine, I deserve to pay the price, but this... GRRRRRRR!
Eeeeee.....O.o

That really sucks.  I haven't had that happen, but my car's an '89 clunker, and I've paid more than the asking price by now by fixing every single part capable of breaking. XP

Hope the hunt for a new one isn't going too bad.

As for the thread topic (*snort* What's that?) I could probably do some beta testing for you.  I have very little experience with anything computer related (point and click, dude - point and click...), but it doesn't sound like testing it requires more than some time, and a working trigger finger.  :D

I could go on to mention my lack of committed time, yadda, yadda, yadda - but I'll have you know that I'm fairly reliable once there's a job in the works that needs to be done.  As long as it doesn't take up hours and hours and hours, I should be able to give you something to work with. ;)
Sometimes I feel unreal;
A wrapped up box with nothing in it,
I reach out and I touch my limit.

tickyhead

As a side note, be happy you even have cars.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Xepher

True, it could always be worse... I mean, your pants could be on fire. :-)

Munerift

Hey I've beta tested several programs before (for Microsoft, Corell, Blizzard...) and I squeal with joy when I catch bad coding on MSN.com and DA. =)

I also love doing graphics, so if you need me, I'm here!
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

tickyhead

Or you could have NO PANTS (because they all inexplicably caught on fire) or underwear (caught fire from the pants) or shirts (more flammable material that people wear, when will they ever learn?) and be forced to walk around either butt naked (with third degree burns) or in a towel! (which eventually also catches fire)

...man there were a lot of parentheses in there.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

alice

I tend to fluctuate between major procrastinator and fanatically focused (the former more than the latter...), but I will have the summer mostly free and I'd be happy to help design the site during those months. (I'm pretty much done with the graphic design portion of my art major, and I'm good at keeping deadlines.) Programming-wise, I'm too rusty for words, so I'll stay out of that. :/

ChaosArchivist

AHHHH! How did I miss reading this before?
In any case, I'd be happy to test the site (I'm good at breaking things, just ask my Playstation, PS2, laptop, desktop computer,scanner, printer, car radio, car [I can smpathize with Xepher there], and etc.).  As for the artist thing, is this in terms of designing site background or creating the initial sites?  Actually, I would be willing to help in either case or otherwise, but I tend to be a slow worker.
As for coding... I could not code to save my life, so I'm no help there.

Of course, I'm not even a member of Xepher.net yet, and I think Xepher wanted help from current members (am I right on that point?).
That fact nonwithstanding, I would be happy to help and abandon my dA account.
Observing Chaos in action since before the new millenium

SilentFyre

I would love to assist you in my off time Xepher. I needlessly find myself browsing random pages before hopping off to bed everynight, so I could help beta-test any pages you put up. If I find something broken, you bet you'll hear about it.

Also, I can spread the word on dA and hopefully give you some graphics to have a bit of fun with.

I've been so busy lately with real life I dont want to sit here and say I'm all in, but when I have the free time I'll be there for you.

LeSage

Though I'm not part of this community yet, I wouldn't mind giving a helping hand whenever needed. I have three months of free time coming up, so I'd be more than happy to help when I can. Being a vis com major you can rightly guess I'd help with graphic design, hehe. Just give me a holler when you need me. ^_^ Oh yeah, I can help promote too. I'm with dA and stuff like that, so I can spread the word.