News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Application Status: OPEN!

Started by Xepher, September 30, 2005, 03:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erwinkennythomas

I have a project of 60,000 words that I would like to be considered for epublishing.  It's a novel entitled Beach by Seawall that was inspired by those Guyanese who ventured to the United States to work, study and to explore personal goals so as to make Guyana a better place.

Do we marry the person we love?  Could a person love more than one person at the same time?  Are sexual relationships always a mistake in judgment?  What is the role of race in societies?  Beach by Seawall weaves an intriguing story of four lovers that had someone else of significance in their lives.

Learn about Kevin Thompson.  Was his ethical orientation a farce?  Meet his first lover Gwen Philips.  Must she play the role of a home wrecker?  Is she guilty of seduction?  Was their case one of consenting adults?

See what you think about the studious Billy Preston, his move to New York City and how his wife Nora fits into his unpredictable lifestyle.  Was she naive in her thinking about relationships?

All these events were part of major themes of historical, political and social unrest of Guyana that culminated with its independence and continued into the early 1980s in the United States.

I am a retired professor from the department of mass communications and journalism at Norfolk State university, VA.  I have authored Make Better Videos with your Camcorder (TAB BOOKS 1991), co-edited a Handbook on Mass Media in the United States and Mass Media in 2025 (Greenwood 1994 and 2001 respectively).

Xepher

Umm... I think you might be a bit confused. I don't "epublish" anything here. I offer website hosting to creative people. A few of THOSE sites work in the epublishing field, perhaps you confused this forum with one of theirs?

On the other hand, if you're wanting to apply for a website, you need to follow the instructions first. Found here http://xepher.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1

Munerift

No, I think he knew exactly what he was doing... =/ Lamerz.
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

griever

To be honest, I first thought this was spam.  Then I thought of how much money Xepher could theoretically make off it.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Xepher

Once again I'm lagging behind... what with the holidays and new job and all. Feel free to bump your applications.

Xepher

Applications are closed for the server move. First posted edited appropriately.

Xepher

That means no NEW applications can be posted. Ones already posted will still be processed. (At the usual snail's pace.) :-)

Xepher

Alright, here's a request for bumps if you want attention on your ALREADY open application. (If the thread hasn't been locked, you can assume it's still open.) Post a bump on your application if you want me to give attention to it before the server move coming around the start of July.

yny-u

Just wondering if applications will be opened up again any time soon.. Now that the new server is up and all...

Databits

Xepher still seems to be ironing out some bugs with the new server, give it some time.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

fesworks

Yep, and I know a few people I'm going to point to over here.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

Hopefully soon, but maybe another couple weeks or so. I need to get this DNS problem resolved, as well as satisfy myself that everything else is stable on the new system.

yny-u

Ah, great! I look forward to it ^^ There is no rush, I was just curious..

Xepher

Alright, applications are again open. Please do read the rules/instructions first though. :-)

Xepher

Sorry, I'm slow to get to some of the applications this week. They're not being forgotten though.