News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

The Goddess Apprentices

Started by Maracate, February 14, 2009, 03:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maracate

At Thegoddessapprentices@yahoo.com.
TGA is a comic about three girls who are chosen to be the apprentices to the goddesses of fire, earth, and water. The water apprentice, Ruby, is a furry, witch I call a Kai.  She has a twin brother who will become an adventurer while she's out being an apprentice.  Zanna, the succubus, is the fire apprentice.  The cubi are probably the closest you will find to humans in it.  And Tati, the earth apprentice, is a fae that was raised in a community of kai that would be a kind of Amish.  the fae are more like moorfolk, switching their misfits for kai babies.  The goddesses watch over the planet, witch they helped create with the light and air gods.  every 5000 years, the gods and goddesses would take on an apprentice each, signifying the end of their existence (because no one can live forever). but a few years ago,  some scientists grew to bold, and made life.  They created an evil creature - whether by intention or chance, no one knows.  their creation was a new source of evil - as there was a god of darkness.  but he was weak, and this new creature took control.  he wishes to stop the three girls, for the goddesses can only choose one person (each) to take their place.  without the goddesses, despair and darkness will sweep the land. on another note, each girl has a necklace that is the source of their power. if you would like to know more, please tell me!

I'm not sure how to convince you that it's original.  so...... ya.  I'll think of something. I have a few pages on paper, so I guess I could scan one in.  but It would give much information.

I don't have a previous website.  I tried webs.com, but the layout is really bad there.

Oh, could I do  'The Challenge'? I don't think this really gives much infomation on my comic.

tapewolf

Quote from: Maracate on February 14, 2009, 03:13:22 PM
It's a comic about three girls who are chosen to be the apprentices to the goddesses of fire, earth, and water.  Actually, it's more like a furry, a fae, and a succubus.
Are those based on the DMFA model, out of interest?

QuoteI'm not sure how to convince you that it's original.  so...... ya.  I'll think of something.
I don't have a previous website.  I tried webs.com, but the layout is really bad there.
Have you considered uploading example art to photobucket or something?

"The main difficulty is getting [Qa'Dar] out of his cage.
Far and away the most reliable method I have found is mass-murder." -- The IT-HE guide to Morrowind

tickyhead

It's a comic about three girls who are chosen to be the apprentices to the goddesses of fire, earth, and water.  Actually, it's more like a furry, a fae, and a succubus. 

I'm not sure how to convince you that it's original.  so...... ya.  I'll think of something.

Oh, could I do  'The Challenge'? I don't think this really gives much infomation on my comic.

You're right, it doesn't give much information. In fact, it doesn't give any information at all. Even if you are doing the challenge we still need to know a) what you'll actually use the space for, b) how reliably you will update, and c) that you read and understand the rules. Considering this has almost no information aside from barely two lines of actual description, no desired username/URL, and no content whatsoever, I'd have to say you've failed on all three accounts.

I'd love to have you prove me wrong.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Xepher

You can even attach images with the "Additional Options" link below the message box when you post.

tickyhead

TGA is a comic about three girls who are chosen to be the apprentices to the goddesses of fire, earth, and water. The water apprentice, Ruby, is a furry, witch I call a Kai.  She has a twin brother who will become an adventurer while she's out being an apprentice.  Zanna, the succubus, is the fire apprentice.  The cubi are probably the closest you will find to humans in it.  And Tati, the earth apprentice, is a fae that was raised in a community of kai that would be a kind of Amish.  the fae are more like moorfolk, switching their misfits for human babies.  but they all meet up, and go questing and stuff. what more would you like to know?
Okay, now you have a premise. But where is the story going? What does "questing and stuff" entail? What is the climax of the story? What are the main conflicts? Who opposes the three protagonists? For that matter, why do goddesses need apprentices? Where do the goddesses fit in within the world? Are they the creators, the guardians, or just spirits doing this for the hell of it? If the Fae switch human babies with their own, where are the humans? These are just a few of the many questions you need to answer, before you are even given the challenge.

You don't have to give away everything in the story, so long as you can answer these questions to yourself, but if you don't even know where your story is going, how can we trust you to update reliably?

Also, what Xepher said.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

griever

What Ticky said.  I'm less concerned with originality atm but just on the fact that you have some content.  No website, bare-bones application doesn't convince me that it's well fleshed out.  Sorry.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Maracate

i didn't mean human, i ment kai. humans don't exist here.

Miluette

I'd like to see designs and stuff. Visual demonstrations of your abilities. Even if your writing and concepts have substance, you won't get far without the visual side here. And without even showing that we can't gauge your dedication.

You've got to wow your audience (for now, us)! Wham! Bam!
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Maracate

ok.... i can post some character profiles, but it will take a while. (the scanner is really slow)

Xepher

We never heard back from you on this. If you're still interested, let me know.

Maracate

Here's a revision on my comic:

There are 4 17 year old girls whom have been chosen by the 4 Goddesses to be like a Sub Goddess for 5000 years.  'Cause everyone needs a break, ya know? Ruby, the water apprentice, is a Kai.  Kai where an attempt to save the human race, which went extinct through mysterious means.  Basically, they're half cat and half human.  Anyway, Ruby has a twin brother named Mitche, who will be going adventuring... and stuff. I haven't planned his life out very well.   
Zanna, the fire apprentice, Is a Cubi. Cubi is the general term for Incubus and Succubus.  They're pritty much just humans with wings.  If they have bat wings, they are evil. If they have feathers, they are good.  Zanna has two brothers. Vlad, her older brother, is evil.  But he's pritty much a lackey.  Dodger is 5, and is neather good nor evil.  When a Cubi is about 10 years old, their wings change, depending on how much light or darkness is in their soul.  until then, they have a weird combo of feathery and leather-y wings.
Tati, the earth apprentice, is a changling Fae.  The fae are a race of fairies that live in the woods. any woods.  sometimes, for no real reason, they'll trade one of their babies for a different one, usually cubi.  Tati grew up in a community of Amish-like Cubi.  Not much is actually known about the fae, other than they do as they please.
Erin, the air apprentice, is a human. She was pulled out of her universe through some sort of twerly-vortex-thingy.  She is an orphan who had a kind of black market candy selling-thing.  She has a tattoo, bestowed upon her by a goddess, that lets her assume the look of a stripedy Kai. 
I'll update this as I think of what else you might like to know.  My comic is currently hosed at http://thegoddessapprentices.smackjeeves.com/ . Yes I know the art's abit bad, but I hve to do it in paint, so bear with me.

griever

The revision still didn't provide more on the plot/direction of the comic.  All I've gotten is that the human race went extinct a while ago and these characters are trying to save, or more accurately, revive it.  Plenty of character description to go around though.  I sympathize with having to work with MS Paint but I'm not drawn in by the dialog either, with its frequent taco references and misspellings.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Maracate

sorry.  First, the taco fair is just a way to get the first two characters to meet.  I probably won't ever mention it again. Second: they're not trying to revive the human race.  I guess I forgot to mention this.  At first, they're just kinda traveling, But they run into a cubi named Kira. Not an important charrie, she just potests pretty much everything.  In this case, creating life.  (To clear things up, kai are not new life, they where just a merging of cats and humans. completely different).  She fails, of course, and a small grey guy with horns (I haven't named him yet)i created. he's not evil at that time, but he soon becomes evil, kiling his creators and attempting to destroy a forest, where the girls are staying with a wise old elf and a fallen cubi. (elves will be in the story more later, and when a cubi looses it's wings, it goes crazy, also known as falling.)  I haven't really planned much after that.  eventually they go to the mountains and go on some quest with a shadow elf named ash, and I'm thinking they get sucked into the human world at one point. Mitche does save a princess and they eventually get married, but that's not happening soon.

Xepher

I'm sorry, but I'm going to reject this application. The art quality just isn't up to par yet. I know you may be new to doing comics, and I don't want to discourage you, but... well keep working on your skills, and when you improve, you're welcome to reapply in a year or two. Best of luck with your endeavours!