News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Inaccurate Perdition application

Started by Tornleaf, October 01, 2005, 12:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lei

I'd like to write my own, someday, but I'm gonna wait to finish java, which will help give me ideas for php.

Anyways, I like your style, and your comic seems cool. Good luck with the application!
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

Miluette

Ohhh, I really like your art style, and your site's really simple. I love not being confused! <3 As for the archive automation thing, I know someone with a script that makes it so they don't have to make a webpage page for every comic in the archive. It's not an automatic thing, though, or at least not in that sense... I really don't know how to explain it, as it isn't mine XD;; Ha, I don't get most php scripts myself.
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Lei

I think that's a php trick, where you use the url as a variable with a php?id=32 or something like that, and depending on what that number is, the script pulls up the image with the corresponding number. Then after that, the next and back buttons just add or subtract one from the number.

Actually, you can see it at work on the url for these forums. I don't know just how it works though, but it's not like I have a comic (yet) to apply it to, either.

I want one of those uploader scripts like on Geocities, where I can use a username and password and make my website from any desktop, but right now, I don't think I should try to tackle that yet.
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

Slang

Yammy, good luck with this application. I'm sure you'll get in, since your art kicks my art's ass, and I'll be happy to help you out with any site-building crap if you need it =B
"It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation."
-Herman Melville

Tornleaf

Awr thanks Slang, you rock my sox. And your art doesn't get its ass kicked my mine!

Yesh... I may need to commission you for some of those nifty animated sprites sooner or later.

Xepher

Okay, I'm a little worried about your html skills... as was noted, having to close every comic, go back to another page, then pick the next one... Real pain that. Need some forward/back buttons at least.

That said though, I trust you'll work on that, so I'll grant the site anyway. Now you can use php and should really look into autosite or walrus. You should have an email with instructions, be sure to follow ALL of them.

Tornleaf

Aha, thank ya! Yes, I'll get to that back/next thing right away. :)

Joichi

WHOA! awesome! I wanted a site design almost exactly like yours!! wow despite me reading alot of html guides i dunno how to make a site like this T_T
"Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, never let it fade away..."