Content > Web Design

Forms

(1/4) > >>

Miluette:
I finally found a free site that generates an actual email submission form for you. Yay! It's this one: http://www.tele-pro.co.uk/scripts/contact_form/

It worked when I tested it on the site. However, when I put it in this page, suddenly it doesn't work anymore. It gives me the not-sent error every time, and I have no clue why. Boooo!

I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the way email-stuff's set up on the server. I thought this was pretty simple...

Xepher:
You can't cheat with the "From" address. You had it set to just "LF" which isn't a valid email. You need to use an actual email you can receive bounces at. I changed it to your @xepher.net email address and it works fine.

Miluette:
Ohhh. Wow. Hmm, but it worked when I used that pair of letters on the demo website to test it. Which doesn't make sense. The site didn't explain things very well (or, well, anything), so I wasn't actually sure what the "from" address was for...like the dummy I am, lol.

Xepher:
Yeah, but the dummy site probably doesn't actually have a secure email server that demands properly formatted mail. :-)

Miluette:
Oh my. I'm testing it again and the forms get emailed to me blank. D: I think everything code-related hates me today, lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version