News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Happy? Tell us why!

Started by JM, February 24, 2009, 09:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JM

I saw this in another forum, and I thought it was a pretty nice cheerful thread.

So, tell us what made your day/week/month/life!

Feel free to keep posting with each new happy update.

Miluette

I'm happy 'cause I love my anime club friends. I love 'em so much they're not even just anime club friends anymore. %D They're awesome and not like other people some of my acquaintances have met through anime. Yeeeeheeee I like spending time with them.
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Databits

I'm happy because as one of the original founders of my old high school's computer club I get to go back there as alumni and teach kids how to write basic games. I'd be more happy if the teacher who's running the club would have informed me that school was out this week too. :P
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

I'm happy because I got a day off work tonight for our quarterly team outing. We spent the day playing disc golf, eating Thai food, and then drinking and playing video games... all on the company dime. :-P

tickyhead

I'm happy because tomorrow I'm off to see Slumdog Millionaire, followed by a long and wonderful night of role-playing games, obscure geek jokes, and home-cooked food with my friends.

Also happy because I'm writing all this in the middle of class, in the front row, and the instructor probably thinks I'm taking notes.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Miluette

I'm happy because I won two Student Addy Silver Awards. Yeeee!

They're for this website and this. The Addys are graphic design awards for many different facets of design. I'm entered in the next level up, too.

Apparently it's a good resume booster! :D

JM

Senshuu:
Haha, that's so awesome! Those sites look really awesome. :] I am envious of your graphic design talents. :X

tickyhead:

I still have to see that movie. (I will, I promise!) What RPGs do you play? I'm just starting to learn D&D.

Xepher:
If I had a job, I would work incredibly hard to achieve what you did. That sounds so fun!!

Databits:
Aww, that's so cute. :3

...whew, got that all covered! Hehe.

Miluette

Y'know, I'd like to be able to write simple games. Pretty soon I'm gonna start messing with some game templates I downloaded for Flash. %D

I need to see Slumdog Millionaire... 'cause it won stuff.

Also, last night I ate the most awesome pizza. What's great is that I still have half of it left, too.

tickyhead

Quote from: JM on February 27, 2009, 06:21:33 PMtickyhead:[/b]
I still have to see that movie. (I will, I promise!) What RPGs do you play? I'm just starting to learn D&D.

Slumdog was really good. I actually agree with the academy on this one, it deserved best movie.

We used to have a pretty good D&D campaign going, but the DM decided his life was too stressful for him to run it properly. Now we're playing Legend of the Five Rings, which is basically feudal Japan. I've never played it before now, but it's very interesting and fun. Much more tilted toward the role-playing spectrum of the genre, as opposed to D&D's "I kill things 'til they die" approach.

JM

I'm happy because I love seeing everyone else have a good day! Here at the Xepher Forums and outside of the internet world. :]

tickyhead

I'm happy because I just made cookies and dressed cupcakes with a new friend that I really like, for a writing club that she's starting.

I'm the vice president now because I make the best damn cookies ever.

sagebrush

I'm happy 'cuz I FINALLY got my taxes done, and I bought new shirts.

fesworks

huh... I'll never be able to participate in this thread... ever....

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

tickyhead

Gee, thanks for ruining all the happy, Fes. Now we're going to be depressed, which is about as opposite from the thread's original purpose as you can get. :\

fesworks

Quote from: JM on February 24, 2009, 09:53:43 PM
I saw this in another forum, and I thought it was a pretty nice cheerful thread.

So, tell us what made your day/week/month/life!

Feel free to keep posting with each new happy update.

Quote from: fesworks on March 23, 2009, 12:00:20 AM
huh... I'll never be able to participate in this thread... ever....

Quote from: tickyhead on March 23, 2009, 01:35:34 AM
Gee, thanks for ruining all the happy, Fes. Now we're going to be depressed, which is about as opposite from the thread's original purpose as you can get. :\

This just made my night >:D

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com