News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Xepher does not play well with Webcomic+Inkblot Wordpress Plugins

Started by fesworks, December 22, 2008, 03:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fesworks

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Miluette

A new phenomenon: Millennium's new wordpress'd archives not working right.

http://millennium.senshuu.com/pages/archive Clearly correct and automatically-generated URLs lead to 404s. D: I have the feeling it's something I did, except LF's archives are set up the exact. same. way.

My permalink setting on both:

/%postname%/

And some of the pages work. Just very few of them.

Actually, there is a fix: Mike added .html to the end of the permalink on Mil and everything works, like so.

/%postname%.html

But why stuff breaks with that particular permalink setting on just Mil's archives is beyond both of us!

For now I've left .html on the end just so everything won't be broken overnight... I'm okay with that solution really (it's ingenious XD), but curiosity has driven me to see if anyone has any ideas as to why this might be happening, and I gotta know before I fix various links throughout my site.
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Xepher

Quote from: Xepher on February 15, 2009, 06:42:18 PM
Note that if you have any other directories named "pages" it's gonna do the same thing for them...

The fix I put in place for the LF wordpress is probably breaking this new one. I'd suggest removing my fix, and changing the permalink setting to end in .html for all your wordpress installs.

Miluette

Your mean the .htaccess in LF's pages directory? Because it was doing that even before I modified Mil's to do the same thing. Unless you modified the one in LF's main directory (or any other) that I also forgot about...

I didn't think you meant "pages" directories everywhere, lol, although that'd make sense... er... I was gonna leave Mil's WP install in something named differently but it was awkward, and now I can't think of anything better to name it (since there're "archive" and "comic" directories within WP).

Databits

Honestly, after seeing the source code for WP, it's kinda poorly written software. Then again that's generally what you get with OSS.

But aside that, if you have issues with something PHP oriented, feel free to IM me on AIM/YahooIM. Just make sure to state who you are on the Xepher forums so I know who it is I'm talking to. I can help most cases as I'm a very experienced programmer. Just keep in mind that at times I may not respond because I'm not actually at a computer. ;)
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Miluette

Quote from: Databits on February 22, 2009, 06:36:17 PM
But aside that, if you have issues with something PHP oriented, feel free to IM me on AIM/YahooIM. Just make sure to state who you are on the Xepher forums so I know who it is I'm talking to.

We've talked once before :gonk:

lol, you'll know it's me anyway. I have no idea what WP's source code is like, just the few individual pages I've edited, which are all nice and full of PHP and xhtml valid.