News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Forums on site

Started by celebrateart, March 18, 2009, 09:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celebrateart

I wanted a little bitty forums so people can post picture and anything that relates to subjects but I don't know or not sure which ones to use or even xepher allows them.

I was referred myBB by a friend but the process needs database info stuff and I'm not sure if thats allowed
so if anyone has suggestion and deff suggestions by xepher that be awesome!

thanks

Databits

If you're unsure on how to set up a forum yourself, then maybe you should opt for a sub-forum on this one for your site.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

fesworks

Yea, I got sub-forums for PSI, Ardra, and Jenny Everywhere (all hosted on Xepher), so I'm hoping it will all work out nicely.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

Yeah, I decided to start offering "sub-forums" here on the main forums, for people that just need something simple and don't want to maintain things. So just ask if that's what you want. If you want to setup your own though, I do like the SMF software that runs these. It's linked at the bottom of all these pages with the "Powered by SMF" link.

Databits

Alternatively, you could also have someone help you set your forum up, so long as you don't mind giving out your username and password for it. DO NOT GIVE THAT OUT ON THE FORUM!!!!.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

celebrateart

I don't mind having sub forums and neither do i mind databits setting it up that would be nice.

though I had some ideas about how to set up but databases and all that jazz is out of my range
so eh something I'll have to soon. I'll put it on the big list :)

celebrateart

Oh cheese I seem I got it working, I had to remember back in server and HTML class. I just figured that I had to run the same as my user name and localhost and add my name as my login and my password for here.

ugh!

thanks for refreshing this brain!

until next time

dennis!