News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

[3/20/2009] A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes, Or Maybe Its A Cry For Help

Started by chucklyfun, March 21, 2009, 08:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chucklyfun

This Dizzy Channel?  Why not just call it the Disney Channel?
This isn't a hint that Ardra was drinking, is it?  I guess you just really wanted that dream reference.
Even stranger, Ardra watches TV, and watches popular stations?
In the last two panels, Ardra is first smiling as if she enjoyed the dream, then stern and annoyed.
Telling Lenore never to break out into song and dance will some day come back to haunt Ardra.  Maybe Ardra will have to do it instead?

fesworks

Quote from: chucklyfun on March 21, 2009, 08:48:57 PM
This Dizzy Channel?  Why not just call it the Disney Channel?
This isn't a hint that Ardra was drinking, is it?  I guess you just really wanted that dream reference.
Even stranger, Ardra watches TV, and watches popular stations?
In the last two panels, Ardra is first smiling as if she enjoyed the dream, then stern and annoyed.
Telling Lenore never to break out into song and dance will some day come back to haunt Ardra.  Maybe Ardra will have to do it instead?

Well,

(1) Copyright issues and potential lawsuits, as said company is known for... even against the little guys.

(2) "Dizzyland" is already refered to in a previous arc.

(3) "Dizzy" pretty much sums up what we think about suggested company, in trying to wrap our heads around the atrocious piles of filth that come out of it's productions.

Also, no, She wasn't drinking, she just spaced out and fell asleep... I'm willing to bet it's stress related.... Given the previous arc, you can actually read into a few things if you care to.

Of course, I'm just script editor, and idea helper... To get the real scoop, Jason would have to say, pending any spoilers ;) :P

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

ArdraCreator

Indeed.  Wilt Dizzy was TOTALLY different than that other guy you're thinking of.  He was the creator of Mikey Moose, Daniel Drake, and many other beloved cartoon characters.  Millions flock to his two theme parks, Dizzyland and Dizzywhirled, each year. 

Rumors that he was cryogenically frozen upon his death in 1968 are completely unsubstantiated.

As for Ardra, yes, she does tend to suffer from a bit of stress, and falls asleep at strange times.  She just happened to be flipping channels, and it was on the Dizzy Channel when she fell asleep.  She was probably trying to find the Discovery Channel, or C-Span, or PBS.

And considering Ardra isn't much of a singer, I doubt if she'd WANT to break into song, anyway.  Lenore is the one who might decide to take up a singing career someday.

fesworks

Quote from: ArdraCreator on March 22, 2009, 06:08:24 PM
And considering Ardra isn't much of a singer, I doubt if she'd WANT to break into song, anyway. 

I want to take her to a Karaoke bar and get her some drinks... then push her on stage :P

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

chucklyfun

I completely forgot about Dizzyland.
For the record, Disney Afternoons created some of my favorite cartoons of all time.  I don't care about their current material, but I watch even less TV than Ardra.
I'd love to see all 3 of the girls singing karaoke.  Lenore would be great even if she isn't drunk too.  As for Eileen, lack of sleep should work well enough.

fesworks

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

chucklyfun

The painting in Dick Clark's attic?  Is that a Dorian Grey reference?
Lenore and distilled caffeine sounds very dangerous and strangely legal.

ArdraCreator

Lenore is a creative sort...for better or worse.

And yeah, it's a Dorian Gray reference.