News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Jenny Everywhere Day?

Started by fesworks, March 22, 2009, 03:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fesworks

It had been suggested to me that there should be a "Jenny Everywhere Day" of sorts.

Now, each year that I have had The Shifter Archive going (started late summer of 2007, officially launched in October 2007), I've tried to do some sort of event. In 2007, it was a "make a strip" contest that didn't go to plan, but got a number of entries (several entries were art or single panels, aka, NOT "strips"). In 2008, it was a contest to become one of the THREE official Jenny Everywhere cards for a Webcomic Trading Card Game.

And in 2009? Who knows.... we'll see.

But what about doing something for Jenny' Birthday?

Benj Christensen e-mailed me about the potential for a "Jenny Everywhere Day". Upon research, it was decided that Jenny's "birth" would be when the first images of her were released, as well as a general description of her. This was posted by "Moriarty" or "Steven Wintle" of course (as he was the person who pioneered her concept on the Barbelith.com forums), on August 13th, 2001 here:

http://www.barbelith.com/topic.php?id=3026#post46584

There were ideas and discussion that followed about "The Shifter", including her final name, that were being discussed, but that took a while and had much gray area on when and how she was finalized as a character... but look at her again... She never is TRULY finalized... as she is an idea open to interpretation and multiple versions.... well after her first adventure (i believe) in Names Not Down.

So going from her original sketch, design, and basic description, of which all future incarnations are more or less based on, we decided that August 13th, 2001 is her birthday, along with what we'll call "Jenny Everywhere Day"... or something else if anyone can think of something better :P

So, in any case, any ideas on thinking about what to do this year?

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Benj_Christensen

You know what might be a nice addition to everything would be to talk to the Project : Rooftop people about doing up a Jenny contest or whatever. I'm not exactly sure what could/would be given away as prizes, but it might be an interesting outlet to look into. The "redesign" stuff they do really SCREAMS Jenny Everywhere.

Here's a link for those that don't know what I'm talking about: http://www.tencentticker.com/projectrooftop/

fesworks

Hmmmm, I think I'll try to get a hold of them, and see if we can do something :)

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

pdr

Well after taking a look at that site, I think it would be really cool to have them play around with Jenny. It looks like it would be well worth it.

As for other ideas for the birthday, I wish I could think of something but I can't. I suppose I'll try to make sure I get a story done before then, but apart from that I don't know what to suggest.
--PDR

El Presedente

Hello again.

I like the Project:Rooftop idea, sounds like it would most certainly make for the good times. I also have a fairly radical idea, being the new boy I suppose I'll throw it in, What about a colaberative bit of artwork with different artists doing different Jennys (and perhapse some of the supporting characters) at a birthday party with a cake in the middle or something? Might be difficult to co-ordinate but the end result would be quite interesting.

Also, finished this the other day, so have an early birthday present: http://elpresedente.deviantart.com/art/Jenny-Everywhere-Again-117786743

fesworks

Cool :) I'll add it next time up update!

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Eternally Lost Zeppo

I'll see if I can't write up a birthday themed comic script for then as well. Still lacking an artist to work with though. Might be worth going round the online comic sites again maybe...

Also, the short film script is done. It's not perfect. I'd have liked to write something longer, but our student TV station has some strict broadcast length guidelines. I'll hopefully be able to get it filmed by the end of semester, but I'll be juggling that with trying to finish my final course project, finding a flat and getting a job before I finish uni, so...yeah, we'll see how things work out.

- Ja na

fesworks

Quote from: Eternally Lost Zeppo on April 05, 2009, 01:24:53 AM
I'll see if I can't write up a birthday themed comic script for then as well. Still lacking an artist to work with though. Might be worth going round the online comic sites again maybe...

Also, the short film script is done. It's not perfect. I'd have liked to write something longer, but our student TV station has some strict broadcast length guidelines. I'll hopefully be able to get it filmed by the end of semester, but I'll be juggling that with trying to finish my final course project, finding a flat and getting a job before I finish uni, so...yeah, we'll see how things work out.

- Ja na

We'll all be looking forward to that! As it stands, you and your group are poised to make the first live action use of Jenny!

... Asside from stills of one failed start of a Photo comic from Simmons, and a photo comic appearance in.... oh I can't say because it hasn't happened yet ;) :P >:)

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

El Presedente

Thats something to look forward to. I'm supprised that there's never been a Jenny Everywhere flash animation done before, I'm sure there's a few in the community adept at flash, a short toon is something I'd like to see, unusual that the idea hasn't been batted about.

fesworks

Quote from: El Presedente on April 05, 2009, 06:38:07 PM
Thats something to look forward to. I'm supprised that there's never been a Jenny Everywhere flash animation done before, I'm sure there's a few in the community adept at flash, a short toon is something I'd like to see, unusual that the idea hasn't been batted about.

Well... I have a PLANNED animation I wanted to do, set to music.... but then I did an unrelated animation thing for my comic... and I just realized how insane I would be to do a 2 minute music video... Wish I knew how to work Flash though... Otherwise I would, since I would not need to draw a thousand-some frames O_o

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com