News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Elimination Online Manga Site Application

Started by Rindesei, October 02, 2005, 04:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lei

yeah... I suppose, but usually believe that if thay have a tablet their artistic ability will increase tenfold. THAT'S NOT TRUE.  They are just as bothersome as a mouse until you get used to them or photoshop. At least that's what I've heard.

Your welcome Rin! I hope you get some of that stuff up soon ^_^
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

Databits

I used to use a tablet in highschool... but I haven't put any art skills to use in quite some time. I tried to draw something recently and completely failed. Guess that's what I get for not drawing anything since 2000. So now being in the 2000 National Art Awards pretty much amounts to nothing. :/

Anyhow, back on topic... Yeah I found tablets to be easier to use than a mouse. Granted you need to get used to it (it is in no way the same as normal freehand as you aren't actually seeing what you draw on the tablet, but rather on the screen), but once you do it's considerably easier than a mouse and better in results in most cases. After all, most people are more used to drawing using a pen, pencil, pastel, chalk, brush, ... than a mouse.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Rindesei

I will never rely on a tablet, I like traditional tools better.
I am just trying to say that it will take me ecpecially because I am not used to computer art to make a CG peice.

I just scanned my 1-4 revised pages and Ill put the URL's on in a minute.

AskZeek

Well, I think the reason people promote tablets are largely from those who have been working with photoshop etc for 10 years or so...  When you love digital art, inking or coloring a tablet is a godsend.  But it will not teach you how to miraculously use the programs to their full potential.  Don't even bother making the investment until you get comfortable working with digital.

Your first comic is cute.  a few pointers:

When planning out word bubbles, make an estimation of how much space the text will take up.  Having great feilds of white detracts from your art, and unless you want a text-heavy comic that's not something you want to do.

If you do have a photo-manipulation program of some sort, try bringing up the black values in your art to be the same tone as those in your border, it will help clean up the art, and make it stand out more.  Right now the absolute black you chose for the border washes out the colors in your peice, and makes your art fade into the background.

Good progress so far!  Just remember to challenge yourself every day in your art.  The only best way to gain skill is to attempt things you know you'll fail at, learn from the faliure, and move on.
When all the player's die...  the DM wins!

Rindesei

Thanks AskZeek!

I hope everyone knows this is not how I plan to have the final copy, I will keep making revised copys until its perfected to a certain point.

Databits

In my opinion I usually prefer to see new content rather than the same piece that's been redone/revised multiple times. If you're doing a comic why not just improve your technique as your comic progresses? I've seen many comics that do it in that fasion.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Rindesei

homeworld

Quote from: AskZeekWell, I think the reason people promote tablets are largely from those who have been working with photoshop etc for 10 years or so...  When you love digital art, inking or coloring a tablet is a godsend.  But it will not teach you how to miraculously use the programs to their full potential.  Don't even bother making the investment until you get comfortable working with digital.
Risking to be a bit offtopic here, but i disagree. I completely disagree. Sure, people with formal training in traditional media will always paint digitally much better than the average noob, because they already know form, anatomy, color, composition, etcetc, but that definetly doesn't mean that people with less experience won't be able to benefit from a tablet. Don't limit your creative potential with a mouse, people, cough up 40 bucks or whatever and get the cheapest wacom you can find if you REALLY can't afford the 'investment'.

Rindesei

I apologise for not being on the internet as much, I am currently working on the novel part, and the final copy of elimination manga page 1-4.
Thanks for the patience.

Rindesei

I have actually decieded that I am going to not begin at her past in the manga but only in the novel to try and make it more interesting.
It took me a while to actually begin to get into the swing of things since ive been kinda in this ditch for a while in my drawing, but I am totally pushing through it.

Rindesei

Elimination Page 1 and Page 2 Final Copy will be scanned during this week or weekend, edited, and uploaded for everyone to see. As well as a couple others. I apoligise for a long span of not scanning anything because I have been in an art slump for alittle.

Pictures that will be uploaded:

-Elimination:"Bloody Battlefield"
-Elimination: page 1 and page 2
-Elimination Decal
-Elimination:"One more Scar?"
-Elimination:Alanna: The Keeper of Myths

These will be definatly uploaded.