News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

It's a worriesome day.

Started by JM, April 07, 2009, 07:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JM

Today, in my first class, a girl I only just recently started talking to came in late, stumbling as if she were drunk. Her features were drowsy and her manner strange, so after she had sat down and settled in I asked her if she was alright. It turned out that she had taken way too many of her anxiety pills last night in an attempt to kill herself.

After class, I insisted that I walk her back to her car, as she had to move it because she had parked in a place she wasn't supposed to. She could barely stand straight, wobbling as she walked, and she was still very giddy (a lot like a drunk), so I also insisted that I'd drive her car. (I've had my license for a few years, and her car was an automatic and standard size, so not too hard to drive. The drive was pretty short, anyway.)

So I drove her car to the visitor parking lot. She didn't have a parking pass for campus since she normally gets dropped off, so I told her I'll pay for the day price of her parking in the visitor lot (it's $12 at most) instead of her having any problem getting towed. I parked her car and walked her to class, trying but failing to get her to go to the health clinic.

I got her number, told her to call me once she got out of class, and dropped her off in front of the classroom. That was at 10:40am.

I just got a text from her saying that she's in the ER at 2:30pm. I tried calling her, but she didn't answer.

I know it's weird, we're not close friends, or really friends at all. But do we need to be for me to care? I don't know what to do. I'm really worried, but most of all, I feel like I didn't do enough. I didn't make her go to the health clinic when I knew she wasn't well.

Sorry for ranting, guys. You don't have to reply, I just feel like I needed to get that off my chest for now... I'm going crazy just waiting.

Databits

You did much more than most people would. To be honest, you probably did more than enough. Showing the person that someone she doesn't even know can care about her may have helped in a decision for care. Nobody can force someone to get medical treatment, if they refuse it there's nothing that you can do.

At this point just hope for the best, but don't dwell on it to the point to hold your own emotions down.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

JM

Whew, good news is she's doing alright, out of the hospital and everything.

I just hope that she has someone to talk to about it all so it doesn't happen again. :\

Miluette

Whoa... me too.

If I were you I'd feel like I didn't do enough, either... but actually, it's more than. It's hard, if not impossible, to be a superhero, after all...
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Xepher

JM