News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

[4/17/2009] Why Ardra Hates Cell Phones

Started by chucklyfun, April 18, 2009, 02:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chucklyfun

Ardra's mom has rabbit teeth.  This is even more evil than a gotee?
How long ago is this?  Why wasn't that cell phone even larger?
I will not be held responsible for my actions?  What sort of threat is that?  How can she even claim that to her mother?  Given how controlling their mom is, I doubt this would be that effective.
My instincts for facial expressions say that Aldla's facial expressions in panels 2,5, and 8 are inconsistent with her previous appearances.

fesworks

Time has passed, and I'm sure the girls are maturing faster, including the "rebellious stage" that all kids go through, unless severely sheltered and controlled (then it comes out during adulthood more).

Other things to keep in mind: Sarcasm, Tempers, breaking points.

Plus we are merely seeing glimpses as Ardra recalls. I can recal times in which my parents have very much over-reacted to stuff, just because of a bad day. I also remember one day I finally told my dad off for something, and it was completely out of character and a shock to both my parents that I even thought and said what I did.

Again, breaking points happen, and then can seen to come out of nowhere and out of context to the situation.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

ArdraCreator

In the original character design, Anna was supposed to have a Mr. Burns-style overbite.  Trevor decided to make her more rat-like, and I liked the look, so we went with it.

Aldla changed a lot after college, and moving to Hollywood.  She had almost a Hayley Mills thing going at this point.  But she was always more willing to speak her mind than Ardra.

This took place around 1992.  So Ardra would have been 12, and Aldla was 10.  If they look a bit tall, they're not.  Actually, Anna is very short.

And due to the fact that Ardra tends to be rather passive, the display of emotion (by her standards) shocked Anna into submission.  Keep in mind that Ardra was raised in a prim-and-proper, wealthy household, so cursing or threats of violence weren't really what she was used to.

jgoude

Yeah, I just had to look at young Aldla's hairstyle and realize, "yep, early 90s." :D
Seriously Suzy - now celebrating five years of irregular updates! :-P

fesworks

I should reaffirm that when *I* personally comment or reply on strips and strip comments, that I never knowingly give away anything that may be revealed later.

Though I work with Jason on the scripts, I don't actually know ALL about each character's thought processes as intimately as Jason does. So when I do post something, like I did here, it's my personal interpretation. Though sometimes, behind the scenes, my summations can be fairly accurate ;)

However, if I did actually know that what I posted was for sure true, I would not post anything, and either let the comic, or Jason, say it instead.

... but that does not mean that everytime that I post or don't post something that I know something or not :P

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com