News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Artrage

Started by Tangle, October 04, 2005, 07:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangle

I just thought I'd share a new program my livejournal flist introduced me to, called Artrage.  It  does a really good job recreating the effects of natural oil paint media, which makes me very happy.  Not that I'd ever replace real painting with this, but it does soothe my lack of scanner-ness.  

Here's my first attempt using it.  It's um, War.  From Good Omens.  The book that is slowly taking over my life.

Ashley_Rose

It's okay. I'm rereading it. I loves that book. XEPH~! We should still have that thorough chat about GO. In fact, if I was altruistic, I would just start a topic, but I don't trust people who haven't read it to not read the thread.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

Jaibyrd

Oh sweetness, it's avaliable for Mac! Thanks for the link to this man!

homeworld

Never liked that proggie, stuff comes out too ugly for my taste :( even pros use it messily, and it's not the 'nice' kind of messy. Networking in OpenCanvas 1.1 on the other hand.. mmmm..

Lei

I remember that prog... I never knew how to paint, anyways XD
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

thefemnazi

I have all these ideas in my head.....then I try to express them and I get annoyed cuz they look like crap.  SO I've learned not to create on a computer cuz if I hit myself with my mouse it hurts alot more than if I hit myself with a felt-tip pen.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Lei

It doesn't make a difference for me; I do the head banging on desk thing. But yeah, I wish I was a teeny bit more... I wish I were better, let's leave it at that >_<

thefemnazi

Eh, I am output retarded.  That's what I call it anyway.  All the stuff is there in my head, but getting it out of my head into something concrete.....yup, output retarded.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

robynie

This is my ArtRage picture.  I made it awhile ago and haven't had a chance to touch the program since.  :(

http://robynie.xepher.net/art/bluebird.jpg

Lei

O_O I wish I could paint! that's very nice!!

Xepher

Yeah... quite good painting there!

robynie

I was looking at Tangle's site today, and I was inspired to do another picture in ArtRage.
I swapped over to Photoshop I couple times though, mostly for the skin blending...

http://robynie.xepher.net/art/greengirl.jpg

So far I've found it's really easy to get a lot of colors down quickly with ArtRage, while with Photoshop it's slow and the colors get mushy and brown really easily (at least for me). Colors are usually one of my low points, and I feel like ArtRage helped me out considerably, so I don't think I'm giving up on this app any time soon.

Lei

whoa... so cool. I love the green tones :D

Miluette

Oh wow. I want to try this out.

THAT BLUEBIRD IS AWESOME. So is the green girl. Aie!!
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?