News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

AWStats Permissions Error

Started by Miluette, May 06, 2009, 09:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miluette

Error: Couldn't open file "/var/log/awstats/awstats052009.millennium.xepher.net.txt" for read: Permission denied

Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.millennium.xepher.net.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

Thought I would bring it to attention!
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Xepher

I think you might've tried it right when it was updating the stats. It does it once a day, and the file will be unreadable until it's finished. It should correct the permissions once it completes though, and http://millennium.xepher.net/awstats/awstats.pl works just fine at the moment.

Miluette

Ah, I see! I'll remember that then. XD

Miluette

Hey! About AWStats again!

Is there a way you could, uh, apply filters to tell you which subdomain it's reporting files from?

I just thought of that because you have to apply filters in order to have that be done in Google Analytics. I could just use that but I think I like AWStats more. (I'm just using all these different stat trackers for the sake of it. Must see how they compare first-hand!) Otherwise parts of AWStats reports are very ambiguous for me.

Xepher

Unfortunately, there's not a way to do that (that I know of), as the log files don't record that information. Since it's all traffic to one virtualhost, and you're using rewrite rules to substitute stuff for different subdomains, it does get ambiguous. As always though, I'm more than willing to change stuff if you can point me in a direction. If you find a way to do it, I'll be happy to change log file settings or anything.

Miluette

Miluette

And now AWStats hasn't loaded for me all day. D:

Xepher

Strange... it's not just awstats, ALL cgi scripts are causing weird segfaults. I'm trying to fix it now, but I have to leave shortly on this trip.

Xepher

I finally found it. Apparently the updated version of APR (which apache relies on) to 1.3.6 causes a segfault in cgi programs. I downgraded apr to 1.3.5 and it fixed it. That is a weird bug that apparently is unreported/undiscovered. It may have something to do with the fact that I'm running the peruser module. Oh well, fixed for now... and I've got a whole 75 minutes before I have to leave for Costa Rica! :-P

Miluette