News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Vacation!

Started by Xepher, May 06, 2009, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

I'm going on vacation next week, starting Saturday the 9th and coming back the following Saturday. I likely won't have net access for most/all of that time, as I'll be on a cruise in the Carribean. This shouldn't affect anything, as the new server seems rock solid, though applications are going to be delayed further, since I won't have time to get to any of them before I leave. If you have any last minute requests for support or things you need done, get them in within the next day or so. Otherwise, I'll see you all when I get back.

tapewolf

"The main difficulty is getting [Qa'Dar] out of his cage.
Far and away the most reliable method I have found is mass-murder." -- The IT-HE guide to Morrowind

Databits

What happens if something goes down? :P
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

As in cases like this before, I'm going to entrust my friend Will (willsan) with root access and to keep an eye on things. Hopefully shouldn't be needed though.

JM

What if the forum gets swine flu?

tickyhead

Quote from: JM on May 08, 2009, 05:55:29 AM
What if the forum gets swine flu?

Obviously we'd all die.

Enjoy your vacation, Xeph. I want to kill you and take your place on the cruise so badly right now.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Miluette

I want a vacay, too!

Enjoy yourself, hear?
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Xepher

Posting this from the Miami airport... I had to hack my phone a bit to get wifi through to the laptop without paying the $5/30min. they want here. What a gyp. :-) Just got back on dry land, had a great time on the cruise, and did a couple of awesome dives. Saw stingrays, lion fish, giant lobsters, all sorts of cool things. Anyway, should be back home this evening and around/online regularly again after that. Hope nothing went wrong while I was gone.

fesworks

Quote from: Xepher on May 16, 2009, 02:20:49 PM
Posting this from the Miami airport... I had to hack my phone a bit to get wifi through to the laptop

... Hack your phone a bit... a BIT?

geez. you crazy, mad skillz.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

Well, I'd already rooted the phone with custom firmware, so I just had to install a nifty app to let you do wifi tethering... basically takes the phone's data connection and turns the phone into a wifi access point. Really cool, and maybe-not-quite-so-allowed on the actual phone terms of service, but... well, it worked. :-)

http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/ is the app if you're curious. As it notes though, it may violate your contract, and you do have to have a root-enabled firmware... either a developer platform, or a custom compiled one if you have a retail handset.

Miluette

LION FISH. I want to see.

I swam with parrot fish on my one and only cruise. It was fun. Of course by "swam" I mean "floated with floaties" because I cannot actually swim.

Glad you had fun. :D
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

sagebrush

Quote from: Xepher on May 17, 2009, 12:48:23 AMhow I hacked my phone with an eggshell and a stick of gum...

MacGyver...