News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

A Brand New Jenny Everywhere Comic What I Did, Do Have A Look

Started by El Presedente, June 14, 2009, 03:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Presedente

So I finally sat down and done another Jenny comic, this time in colour with text and proper typograhy and everything. Should be the start of a multi part story, probably about three long.

http://eljackscomicsblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/legend-of-jenny-everywhere-part-1.html

Decided to hold back on the action mostly to put some time into secondary characters for Jenny to bounce off, this one sets up a few things that I'll hopefully work on in the future.

Hope is enjoyed by all, Its a bit ropey in parts but I think I had really Improven my skills by the end. :)

fesworks

AAUUUGH!!!

Just as I was about to finalize an update for The Shifter Archive, you throw this up!! (or I just now see it)

*grumbles*

*re-opens HTML editing programs*

EDIT: Also, I'm running into problems of what I'm supposed to credit you as... I've been using "J Harvey", to help keep everything straight.... is that right? and can I keep doing that?

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

El Presedente

Heh, oh, sorry about that, good job though, I wasn't expecting it to be up so soon, so two thumbs up!

Yeah, J Harvey or Jack Harvey will be fine, since my alias's often fluctuate between El Jack and El Presedente depending on how egotisical I'm feeling at the time.

Nice to see quite a few things in the update too.

fesworks

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

El Presedente

Just swooping by to say Part 2 is done, phew:

http://eljackscomicsblog.blogspot.com/2009/08/legend-of-jenny-everywhere-part-2.html

Now thats in the can I should have some free time for the upcoming projects :)

fesworks

Are you working towards a book? Will all three parts, plus Rail Shift, you could make a decent sized book on Ka-Blam or something... if the dimensions work out right... might need to add a border. (I can help if you'd need it).

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

El Presedente

Cheers! Never thought about it much, I'd probably have to go back and remaster some pages, as well as polish the lettering (just noticed some glaringly odvious spelling mistakes on part 2, doh!), But once part 3's done it may bear thinking about.

fesworks

I mean, even if it's something for yourself and friends, or a few online... Print on Demand is low investment.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Scott

Damn, other people are writing Jenny Everywhere stories - I'm losing my excuses for blowing off my writing!

That's a joke of course, but like all humor with a grain of truth; there's nothing that inspires action like knowing that others are doing the same thing.

Thanks for the comic, El Presidente.  As far as the spelling mistakes go, believe me when I say I understand those.  Would you want any typoes we spot pointed out?  I did realize that "sammerreye" was intentional dialectic transcription, of course...eventually.

El Presedente

Ok here it is, the third and final part, and I think you cool cats are really going to dig it.

http://eljackscomicsblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/legend-of-jenny-everywhere-part-3.html

Those with a keen eye will notice it has a few more nods to some of the early Jenny stories, as well as mirroring some scenes from previous chapters, a few references to music and comics here and there, and finishes in a way that could lead into any other Jenny story.

Anyway, I'll be having a break now I think, It'll be the last strip I do in colour for a long time as thats what takes up the bulk of the work, but I look forward to doing more Jenny stuff in the future.

fesworks

Were you thinking of getting it printed and put up on Ka-Blam?

We talked about it once before, I think.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

El Presedente

Still on my mind, but been a bit busy with other projects at the moment, I'll have a look into it once I'm on top of things.

fesworks

Quote from: El Presedente on November 03, 2009, 05:01:41 PM
Still on my mind, but been a bit busy with other projects at the moment, I'll have a look into it once I'm on top of things.

I know you said you were thinking you may need to modify or spruce up a few parts, but I could also prep it (like I did with When Casting Calls) or help prep it if you'd like. So just e-mail me if it comes to that point. Good luck in any case ;)

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

El Presedente

fesworks

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com