News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Updating Wordpress - Where'd the database go?

Started by jekkal, September 11, 2009, 06:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jekkal

Heyo! Just tried to update wordpress, and of course like a good little vampire I wanted to back up my database first...

... I can't find where to access the PHPMyAdmin interface Like I did before. I looked under "User Services", but I don't see it.

I know Xepher mentioned that he backs up stuff nightly, so should I just go ahead and update (and if it screws up, let him fix it) or what?

Xepher

Well, yes, there are nightly backups. Though doing it yourself is wise, especially if you don't want to wait for me to be around to fix it. The database link is on the user-services page. https://xepher.net/user-services/ It's the big link right in the center that says "Database." :-)

If you run into trouble though, let me know. I'm happy to help.

Databits

Actually, I'd use a direct dump. If you have the know-how, log into an ssh, then do:

mysqldump -u username -p databasename > ~/backup-YYYY-MM-DD.sql

Then it'll ask for your password, after you enter that and hit enter it should do a full dump of your database.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Miluette

There's a WP database backup plugin. You should find it if you search those words. I use that.
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?