News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Painted Adelaide

Started by Adelaide, September 22, 2009, 01:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adelaide

Site name: Painted Adelaide

Desired username: adelaide

E-mail: paintedadelaide (at) gmail (dot) com

I've been lurking here for a while now and have finally worked up the nerve to submit my application.  Basically, I am looking to create a personal artwork portfolio that can have full control over in terms of design, layout, etc.  My current website (http://home.earthlink.net/~kahvie) is provided for free by Earthlink.net, however, they use an online siter builder and what I can and cannot do HTML-wise with it is greatly limited (it's geared toward small companies and everyday people wanting a site to host family pictures and the like, and is therefore template-based.  It's table creator also has an annoying habit of glitching). 

That being said, I do realize that this site does not have an online site builder, and that's definitely no problem for me.  I have a fair amount of HTML knowledge myself, but my partner would be doing most of the coding, seeing as how he is much more skilled in that area than I am.  I'm afraid I don't have an example of an actual site that we've coded ourselves (again, due to Earthlink's restrictions), but I have an older web comic site with an F.A.Q. that we wrote up using a "web gem," an add-on that allows you to insert your own code onto a page.  It's the farthest from flashy you can get in terms of design, but it at least shows that we have the ability to create working content: clicky!.  I never did finish writing up answers to all of the questions, so please ignore the "fillers" that my guy added to some of them.

Umm, 'bout my art...my work itself used to be mainly digital, but due to certain circumstances, I am going to be trying to move back into mainly traditional.  I do feral and anthro work for the most part, but will no doubt fit the random human or mythical creature into my artwork in the near future.  Admittedly, I've been out of the art loop for a year or two, but I feel like I've finally got a lot of the flame back and am excited to try and get a site for my work that I can fully customize and design.  To give an example, here's my most recent work (completed a few days ago):

I'm hoping I did this correctly, but in any case, please do drill me with questions if I've left anything out or been too vague!
Painted Adelaide | LiveJournal | Fur Affinity

En lögn för mej, en lögn för oss som väntar
på svaret som ni aldrig kommer få

Xepher

Am I right to assume you're the same Kahvie I've been seeing on VCL and deviant art (and I believe the former Yerf)? If so, I've actually been admiring your work for years, so yeah... you get to be a shoe in. :-P

Adelaide

Yarp, that'd be me (although I never did have a gallery at Yerf, I just lurked around their forums:P).

griever

"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Xepher

Application accepted. You should have an email with instructions.

Adelaide

Yay!  Thank you so much:D!