News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

The Den webcomic

Started by stanthelion, January 26, 2010, 07:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stanthelion

Username: Stanthelion

Site name: www.TheDenComic.com

Mode: Challenge

My current art/comic site is www.furaffinity.net/user/stanthelion

I'm looking for a place where I can pop up a comic I wanted to start. One of my favourite webcomics (http://missmab.com) is hosted on your site, so I figured it would be an excellent place for a new comic.
The comic in question takes place in a bar, owned by a couple of furries, and follows them through many mishaps and adventures, (many of which have yet to be written, but will be done so in time) It is intended to be a comedy. My current projected update schedule is every saturday (with a 15 week hiatus over this summer due to unavoidable events with no internet access)

I am open for questions. I will be drawing, and My significant other and I will be co-writing the comic.
Thank you in advance for your consideration

stanthelion

I just spoke with my better half, and the name of the bar may be changing. >:

stanthelion

We have settled on an agreement.

The bar will be named Crashers, so the site I'd like to look for is www.crasherscomic.com

Once again, thank you for your consideration. :3

Munerift

Hey Stan,

I went over to your gallery online & I did see a three page comic you had going but I am just not sure that without the comic in questions already under way that it would be something that you would want to make the main focus of your website. A comic, even part time, can be such a big responsibility & many find that they don't have the time they'd like afterall to partake in. (I've been one of them in the past.)

I am not the leader of this site & my opinion does not make the final answer... but I am wondering if where your art is at now may be a better place for the comic until it gets off of the ground...

I wish the best to you & your significant other.
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

stanthelion

Thank you for your criticism.
Yes, I agree it'll be a large effort, but my significant other will not let me slack off at all. (sadly)
I will be away for about 15 weeks this summer, but have already made plans to continue the regular updates.

Not all comics start off amazing, But I intend to eventually reach it. :3

Oh, and thanks for dropping by my gallery. It means a lot to me.
First comic is up
http://www.furaffinity.net/full/3347153
and it can only get better from here. ;3

stanthelion

Oh, and my better half changed the name AGAIN... we're looking at
TheFlowComic.com....

Im not letting the name change again. >.<

dragyn

Hmm...I'm not really one to talk, here, but if you haven't even ironed out the name, is it really time to start looking for a place to put it?

Just a thought.  Take it as you will.

stanthelion

I completely agree with you, and I absolutely wish there were a way to delete posts. X3
But no. Im comitted to this. :3
its just we are really good at changing my mind. DX

Now that the first comic is up though, everything is cemented in stone. So here we go! :D

Xepher

Hey, sorry but I was off skiing, so I'm just now getting to this.

First off, the name doesn't really matter... you don't get a domain name from me anyway, just a username... it's up to you to purchase a domain (www.domain.com) name if you wish. That's neither here nor there however. I looked at your first comic, and while it's not horrible or anything, it is only ONE comic, and, frankly, of mediocre quality. I don't mean to be harsh, but to be accepted here, I look for several things: talent, commitment, quality, consistency, and others. Most of your art is very flat and underdeveloped, which is understandable, as everyone has to start somewhere, but the comic doesn't exist (save for three panels) yet, so that's a zero score on most of the other things like commitment. For now, I'm going to say no. If you do develop it into a full series, or otherwise feel you've improved, you're welcome to reapply after six months. Best of luck to you!

stanthelion

Thats fair.
See you when I get back around Sept. Then. :3