News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Nanananana Katamari on the Swing...

Started by Miluette, October 07, 2005, 05:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miluette

C'mon. Someone here's gotta like Katamari. Either of them.

>> << >> One of my aims is to start a Katamari Damacy topic in every forum I join. Which isn't many. So, whee!

We <3 Katamari, don't weeee? <3 Long live the King!
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

tickyhead

I *heart* katamari. That I do.

Too bad I suck at it.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Miluette

Aww, it can't be that bad.

Katamari is pretty confusing control-wise until you get the hang of soft turns, though. But you've also gotta be swift! And when something's fun, it's a lot easier, too.

robynie

I love katamari.

I'm probably going to get the new one soon, since it has "advanced battle mode" and that sounds good.
The battle mode in the first one got boring after awhile.  :(

Miluette

I haven't gotten to play the battle mode actually. No one to battle with, you see. :(

But yeah, We <3 Katamari is awesome,  in that it has two-player co-op as well as battles in The House, The Town, and The World. <3

Databits

Heard of it, haven't played it, haven't seen it.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Miluette

Aww. Well, Katamari is one of those things you need to see/play in order to understand, because words.will.not.do.it.justice. But the original game was hard to find because many places didn't stock it. Namco was unsure of how popular it was going to be. And then it became terribly popular.

And that fact is what makes its sequel that much more entertaining, and fun. <3

Myxomatosis

The game is hard to describe. I usually get weird looks by other people when I explain the game. "Dude, It`s like this game where you move a huge ball, though a small Japanese town rolling up balls of crap to make stars!"

They usually throw something at me.

Anyone getting ready to play Katamari on the PSP with the D-Pad and the X, O, Triangle, and Square buttons as subs for the two joysticks?

Miluette

I was getting all hyped up for it on the DS.

And then they betrayed me. RAH!

dynamogirls

Lizzie: Chels loves Katamari. I checked the cover out and it does seem fun in a goofy sort of way but I'm more preferable towards rpg stuff. With Loons being an exception since I get to play as Bugs Bunny. <3 Bugs Bunny! Though Chels is probably going to have something to say on the matter, she isn't here to say it....just yet. Keheh
Is there such a thing as too much anime?

Ashley_Rose

You know, I read Mac Hall, and they had a long moment of Katamari lovin'. I am still just confused. But that's a-o-kay.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

Miluette

I'm a big fan of RPGs, but it's really Any Game That Will Hold My Attention, including oldschool SNES movie-franchise-games. (Like Lion King.)

I saw some of Mac Hall's Katamari comics. XD Haha. Katamari's something you really don't get unless you play it...I know I was confused.

Xepher

Oh wow, "Lion King" for the SNES is the hardest game in the world to beat. I never managed to do it as a kid on the actual SNES, but finally managed it last year on an emulator. Of course, that was cheating, because I used the emulator to "save" everytime I made it past a hard part. I probably used the equivalent of 100 extra lives doing the save thing. I really don't think it's possible for mortals to beat that game using only the 3 extra lives (plus the 5 or so more you can find) that are in the normal game. I will say this for it though, that music will be FOREVER stuck in my head. That's actually the reason I went to try and beat it on the emulator, because one day I woke up with the  SNES rendition of "can't wait to be king" (you know, from the ostrich level) stuck in my head, even though I hadn't played it for almost 8 years.

dragyn

SNES music forever!  (Super Mario RPG is my mind's current playlist)

alice