The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Software Upgrades

Started by Xepher, October 23, 2010, 07:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


PHP has been upgraded to 5.3.3 (from 5.2.x) and perl has likewise been upgraded. (A bunch of smaller packages were upgraded as well.) If you encounter any errors or bugs in your sites that you think might be caused by this, let me know.


Yeah, I'm trying to look at my website right now and it's completely blank. Will it be fixed later today?


Both my page and Xepher's front page are getting these kind of errors >o.O<

Warning: date() []: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead in /home/httpd/htdocs/index.php on line 27

Edit: Never mind, found solution for it. Just had to set a timezone into my PHP codes.


Fraunie... your site looks to be working from here again. I think it might have still been upgrading some small bit of things when I posted this, and it finished shortly thereafter. Anyone still having problems?


hrm, the fraunie.xepher url works but not my domain name is that something on your end that can be fixed? =(


actually, I'm checking again and it's really just my front page that works (both fraunie.xepher/meganfrau front page url), but my wordpress blog doesn't work. guh.


Hmm... One of your wordpress plugins is using obsolete code. For a temp fix, I disabled your plugins. Try enabling them one by one until you fine the one causing trouble... or, better yet, upgrade them all before re-enabling them. For my own records, the original active_plugins field in wp_options was:


With them all disabled, your blog loads though. If you narrow it down to a specific plugin that's causing the issue, and no upgrade is available (or fixing it) let me know, and we can work on it.


I think I found the plugin. I've been having a constant issue with that lately. Very annoying.

Thanks for your help!


*nods* Let me know if you have any more problems.


Witchiebunny noted that webmail was broken as well after the upgrade. I've upgraded the webmail software and it should be working again.