News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

"Server Not Found"

Started by fuzzy-slippers, January 23, 2011, 03:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzy-slippers

It seems that the main xepher.net site is working, but every user page I try to access (including my own) throws back a "Problem loading page" "Firefox can't find the server."

I can access my website by FTP just fine, so I'm not sure what's up.

fuzzy-slippers

And now it's better. :) Still can't access other people's sites, but mine has been revived.

Xepher

I did some upgrades the other night, and you may have hit some errors for about 4-8 hours while I worked on things.It should've all been sorted by the next morning though. If you're still having trouble, let me know.

fuzzy-slippers

It still seems to be going down/unavailable a couple times a day, now along with the main site sometimes. It usually comes back within an hour, I'm just wondering what's causing it.

Xepher

I think I may have found the problem. During the upgrade, I switched to a new DNS server, and it no longer supports the "alias" datatype that I was using before. I switched it to CNAMES, as almost all the aliases work just as well as CNAMES. I forgot that this technically violates the DNS RFC, so some (really picky) DNS implementations won't work properly. I've corrected this, and in another couple hours or so, all the TTLs should expire. If you continue to have problems, please let me know, as I'd really like to pin this down for good.