News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Rocky Mountains

Started by Xepher, July 27, 2005, 01:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

So, went hiking some this summer. Took pictures too.

This first set is a few from a small hike just a few minutes out of town here.
http://xepher.xepher.net/Albums/Fish-Creek-Falls/

This second set is from an all day hike over in RMNP... about three hours drive (and we left at 4am.)
http://xepher.xepher.net/Albums/Rocky-Mountain-National-Park/

Couple highlights for the second album.

I just love the dark woods.

Squirrel!

Chipmunk!

Long's Peak from the meadow.

Me + Chasm Lake + Long's Peak.

Willsan... Taking a "break."

"Just Add Singing Swiss Children!"

Peacock Pool

Ashley_Rose

It's beautiful. Really.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

tickyhead

awww you left the (errr....whatever than thing is. fat squirrel or beaver or something...) out of the highlights.

The rest is very pretty, though.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Xepher

It was a marmot... also know as a woodchuck. I couldn't get a good shot of it, as it seemed a bit under the weather as well as under the rock. The first squirrel I thought was the best, but all the times it was actually standing in a cool pose, my stupid camera's autofocus tried for the wrong point. I think one of the first "toys" I'm gonna buy now that I've got a good paying job is a good camera.

tickyhead

man, I shoulda known it was a woodchuck (which I will now always remember as the lovechild of a very fat squirrel and a beaver ><; )
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

thefemnazi

Those are gorgeous.  You're a great photographer.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

gracey

I've always wanted to see nature in that sense. The last time I went on a hike was when we went to Oak Hammock Marsh. And trust, it doesn't compare to the mountains and lakes in the pix.
"Watch it Jeff, she's packing ovaries!" - Patrick, Coupling

thefemnazi

I love seeing the world like that.  I think that in it's way, Seattle is just as beautiful in its complexity and busy noise as Mt Rainer is in it's quiet simplicity.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Ashley_Rose

I just miss seeing things like that.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.