News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

PHP upgraded to 7.2

Started by Xepher, February 25, 2018, 10:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

PHP 5.6 is approaching its end of life, and is no longer receiving regular updates from upstream. That means it's time to move on to the next version, which is PHP 7 (6 was experimental and doesn't count.) I've updated the server to PHP 7.2, and if you're using older PHP software, you may notice errors appearing on your site. If you see messages about mysql (specifically mysql_connect being an "undefined function") then there's a temporary workaround you can add. In any PHP file you need to still use the old MySQL functions, you can add this line right at the start of the PHP section (just after the <?php tag ideally):

include_once("mysql-shim.php");

Ideally, if you didn't write the code, you should just update to a newer version that supports php 7 and not use this. But until this, this workaround might help. If you have other problems (or notice errors on any of the main xepher.net pages) please let me know. My own code is using this shim, as it's ANCIENT, and I don't have the patience to rewrite it quite yet.

Turnsky

yeah i keep getting a "ParseError thrown: Invalid numeric literal" error and i can't get into my db because of some mcrypt error

Xepher

I sent you an email, and the site seems to be working, but just wanted to follow up here, see if you got it sorted.