Xepher.net > Technical Support

Hotmail Bouncing; Blocked

(1/2) > >>

kschnee:
I'm currently getting a message like this whenever I mail someone who uses a Hotmail account:

--- Quote ---host hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com[104.47.5.33] said: 550 5.7.1
    Unfortunately, messages from [198.74.48.54] weren't sent. Please contact
    your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block
    list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to
    http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
    [HE1EUR02FT047.eop-EUR02.prod.protection.outlook.com] (in reply to MAIL
    FROM command)
--- End quote ---
I guess we're on some spam blacklist?

Xepher:
Yeah, it's frustrating me too. It's not this server specifically, it's the whole subnet at my upstream host. I'm trying to get something done about it, but I've fought this like 10 times, and every time it gets fixed, the subnet ends up getting blocked again at some point.

Xepher:
Okay, jumped all the hoops again, and re-re-registered for their feedback system yet again (which is supposed to warn me if complaints are raised.) In theory mail SHOULD start going back through to MS addresses now, though they said it could take several hours for changes to take effect.

kschnee:
Thanks! However, Phil and another friend are reporting that they can't send mail *to* me as of the last day or so. Any ideas?

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
<kschnee@xepher.net>:
550: 5.1.1 <kschnee@xepher.net>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

Xepher:
Doh! It's always something. I had to set up a new aliases to allow microsoft to forward email feedback/rejections to me (to help stay off their naughty list) and apparently since the last time I set up an alias, they changed the format of the alias file, so I started a new one. I somehow didn't realize that I had the setting enabled so that ONLY aliased accounts get delivery. E.g. I have to do "kschnee: kschnee" or email doesn't go through, instead of only keeping redirection in there. So yeah, all the vanity domains and stuff worked, but not main accounts. I didn't get any email on my xepher account for the past 24 hours either, but the ones aliased to my real name kept coming through (it forwards to the same account) so I didn't realize anything was wrong.

Anyway, it SHOULD be fixed now. Sorry for the trouble, and please let me know if you have further problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version