News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Some Special Help.

Started by Sol_Dynamite, December 02, 2005, 11:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sol_Dynamite

I'm really quite new to the whole HTML type of thing and in the past couple of days I have been running a couple of ideas through my head on how I want my site to function and look. So far I have finalized at least one of the ideas of a news post type of thing on the front page that I'm going to need a little help on coding and inserting into the code itself so it works properly.

It is nothing too complex:
I just want a table with a header, a date/time header, and a picture off the the side above the news post itself. The news post will be on the page with other news posts with their own headers and then an archive page because at the bottom it would say, Past News and would link to 5 or more news posts from the pasts.

Maybe I sound like a babbling idiot here, so let me draw it out and express myself in the only way I know best.

Color Code:
The Red- The things I would like to stay stationary.
The Blue- The table for the news post, as you can see the date is on the top and then the title is on the bottom, they both should reflect the date posted and the title given to the text file for the news post. The large space to the right is the picture box. More than one of course and spaced out.
The Teal- Is the space alloted to move for the news posts, it moves with the rest of the page so it is not a frame the Green areas will push down to support the space for the news posts.
The Green- push down so the news posts can be shown.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Darkstar182/Untitled.jpg

Does that make any sense? Can anyone make a script for that?

Sol_Dynamite

Oh and I have the html code I created if you would like to see it. I can email it.