News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

What types of games do you like?

Started by Databits, December 13, 2005, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Databits

hehe... I wasn't old enough myself the first time I drank. >.>
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

thefemnazi

Quote from: Ashley_RoseMartha always loses, Brad Pitt always wins. Celine Dion always loses, fuzz always wins.
it's from Apples to apples.  Ashley and I have been playing with certain people for a long time, and a lot of these people have "always wins, always loses" cards.  For example, if I am the judge and someone plays fuzz.....fuzz wins.  period.  My friends all have their own "fuzz cards."  My friend Tony claims that beer is his fuzz.  The first time I heard "Beer is my fuzz" I was well into my cups and almost peed myself.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Ashley_Rose

Yeah, Fuzz cards are great. Like for instance, were someone to set down 'Odious' and I would see a Martha or Celine, I'd choose them. I mean, really.

But Brad Pitt and Fuzz ALWAYS win.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

Ashley_Rose

And oi shit, I should just properly respond to this post.

CCG: (Collectible Card Games) L5R and Anachronism. One is going down the tubes and the other is greatness in historical fun. You can play anyone from history from Chinngis Khan to Freydis Erriksdottar. I mean, super cool.

Boardgames: Monopoly. I hate/love it. Sorry, Chutes and Ladders, Scrabble, Life, Risk, Chess, Checkers, etc.

Card Games: Cribbage, Poker, Merry Widow, Hearts, Rat Smack, Crunch, Rummy, Uno, Uno Attack, War, Old Maid, Memory, Go Fish, Milles Bourne, Skunk, Apples to Apples, Munchkin, Snap, Tchi Tchi, Spoons, and Think. I'm a h0r and I know it... I'm also vicious as hell when it comes to Rat Smack, Crunch, Snap, and Spoons.

Weird Prop Games: Se- I mean, Battle Ship, Bop-it, Uno Says, Connect Four, Trouble, Darts, Lawn Darts, Croquet, Settlers of Cataan.

Sports: Extreme anything. Except golf, ping pong, and pickle ball.

Video: I'm one of those monkeys who likes fighter games. And button mashing. It's great. I also have a penchant for Final Fantasies and Karaoke and Dance Dance Revolutions. Oh, and Godzilla. I fucking roxxorz. My video gaming experience is often dampened by my claustrophobia/motion sickness, though, so first person shooters, racing, and various others are often tossed out of the picture, though if I'm in a cold basement with a fan on me I can play Halo and MechWarrior.

MMORPGs: City of Heroes and City of Villains are my vices du jour.

RPGs: Conan, D&D, Star Wars, Alternity, Rifts, Engel, White Wolf LARPs, BESM, Silver Age Sentinels... and a couple others I can't think of at the moment.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Databits

Oh... yeah. 1 card game that I've played I really like now that I think about it.

Has anyone ever heard of Munchkin? This game is awesome! The whole object of the game is to lie, cheat, and steal your way to victory. The only thing is, you can't get caught by other players during doing so, so you've gotta be clever. You can even bribe other players if they need help and you can assist them... for a price. Or you could make the things they are fighting even stronger so they lose.

It's a great game, something that I suggest anyone try. It takes quite a bit to actually get the hang of though. It comes in a variety of different styles, AND all the sets work together somehow. So even if you get an expansion for another set, it will still work with other sets just fine.

Edit: Ahh.. and here is a link to the game: Munchkin
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

dragyn

My brother actually introduced me to Munchkin.  While I've never seen the original set, Star Munchkin is definitely an enjoyable voyage through insanity.  I'd forgotten about it, too.

Xepher

Yeah, I've heard great things about Munchkin... gotta play it sometime.

Ashley_Rose

It's even better if you use a ca-hrazy accent while playing. I personally adore mixing and matching Munchkins. Between my sisters and I we have/had Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin, and Vampire Munchkin.

thefemnazi

Ahh, I love Munchkin.  I also love playing Munchkin Fu with a Mexican accent.  I have Star Munchkin and Munchikin Bites, but they're both in storage.

I love the go-up-a-level cards.  Especially when they mock GMs.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Miluette

Uhhhh I like Video Games. I used to love board games when I was younger (before I knew video games existed) like Trouble and stuff, but now it's video games.

RPGs. This includes those of the MMO variety!
Platformers <3
Adventure games.

Whee, I'm so generic.
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Lei

Puzzles... The things that can keep you amused for hours on end. That's definitely my favourite kind...

or tetris, the simple competitive ones.
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

joaquim

In general, I don't really like games. Which is kind of ironic, seeing as I am currently employed as a game programming teacher. :P

Video games: Space Channel 5 & Fahrenheit aka Indigo Prophecy - the only two games that are fun enough to finish without cheating
Table-top: Fantasy or horror RPGs like Drakar och Demoner and Kult

DarkClownNizzo

I like RPGs a ton. Xenogears, Shin Megami Tensei, lots of 'em.

I tend to stray from the mainstream in my video game tastes.

dragyn

Since the thread is alive again, I may as well point out that my brother has expanded his collection of Munchkin.  He has most of the sets now, but not quite all...

Also, how are RPGs not mainstream?

DarkClownNizzo

Final Fantasy is mainstream. Live-A-Live is not mainstream.