News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Happy Holidays!

Started by Databits, December 22, 2005, 08:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kira Dwenna

Quote from: tickyheadPirates make everything better.
AMEN!!
Sometimes I feel unreal;
A wrapped up box with nothing in it,
I reach out and I touch my limit.

Kira Dwenna

Oh, and a merry christmas to all you lucky people who managed to avoid the local malls/retail outlets the week before christmas.  I couldn't, as I'm working at one now, but it must have been nice to avoid the traffic. :)
Sometimes I feel unreal;
A wrapped up box with nothing in it,
I reach out and I touch my limit.

Xepher

Heheh... that's a funny idea. A "local" mall. Nearest mall is four hours away in Denver. Does that qualify as "local?" :-)

thefemnazi

I would say no, xeph.  You're in the same boat as me.

On to the next holiday, what's everyone doing for New Years?  I'm thinkin I need to find an internet party cuz I'm stuck here in my two bit town instead of hopping over to Seattle to enjoy the big city fun....
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

tickyhead

Sounds like what I'm gonna be doing too :/ can't drive so I can't go down to "First Night Santa Cruz" and watch all the drunken street performing splendor. I'll just be sitting at my comp while my parents are sawing logs, drinking sparkling cider and pretending it's wine or something.

An internet party would be nice.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Xepher

Well, we had one once before... I got the radio setup so we got the party tunes, and we've got http://xepher.net/chat/ for everyone to hang out at. But most importantly, I also have no life, and will be sitting at home on New Year's! :-) On the plus side, we'll have to do the countdown several times, as all of us are spread out across timezones. If you dig up my last post about XN radio, there's instructions for what to do and what you need if you want to take a turn at being DJ. http://xepher.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=65

Gwyn

I will be home for new years as well!
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Databits

I, on the other hand, have 3 different places to go to on new years evening. So I won't be around the cpu for that time. No no... I still have no life.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

Okay, well I'll be around most of the night, so head to the chat room if, like me, you have no life, and nothing better to do on New Year's Eve. :-)

Chat:
http://xepher.net/chat/
Radio:
http://xepher.net:8000/ (Will be up and down until the party gets going.)

Xepher

I know someone just swung through the chatroom while I was gone for a minute... if anyone's still up and intersted, we moved it to AIM chat, as there were problems with the chatroom... AIM me at Xepher42

Miluette

Aw crud, I missed it.
I've been occupied with art lately and now since 12, my JaNoWriMo novel. ~O~ Super late happy holidays and happy new years!!
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Ashley_Rose

Aw, I'm sad I missed. Though John Elway is not on my happy list now. I hope you all had fantastic holidays!
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

Databits

Heh I had a lot of bad luck during the holidays in terms of internet stuff. On christmas we had a fluke power outage for some reason. That lasted for a few hours. Then, somewhere between midnight and 4:00am on new years, we had something happen to the underground cable for my internet. We speculate that the cable split from the strange weather conditions that we've been having and water got to the line. So they ran a temporary line, 3 days after the fact, and now I'm finally back online. :/
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

The Thread Necromancer strikes again!

Happy christmas everyone. Merry saturnalia, gud yule, spiffy solstice, etc. too!