News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Mystik Skies Logo

Started by tickyhead, December 23, 2005, 12:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tickyhead

Okay so I'm trying to work on a new layout for the new year, and in a radical turn of events in my head I decided it's about time I have an actual logo to go with it. Not because I want to look proffesional, not because I'm trying to sell anything, (I'm about 10 years away from even considering anything I do sellable :P), just because I want one. You know, something that I could stick on every layout (albeit maybe in different colors or something) that the few people who grace my site would eventually come to recognize as "THAT'S the Mystik Skies logo!" or the like.

Anyway, I want to incorporate the compass that I spent so much effin' time crosshatching on my old layout in some way. To the untrained eye it has absolutely nothing to do with the name "Mystik Skies", but there is no way I'm going to have a cloud or something like that in my logo. Period. Plus I like that compass.

I made up a quick little something for the new layout with some easy text stuff in photoshop elements (yes yes, glaring evil bright orange and yellow, I know), just to get an idea of what it might end up like:
(I couldn't think up a color for the font, so it's just black. Looks halloweenish, but I call that a plus XD)

along with a picture of the compass itself in multiple colors:

As you can see I can make the compass ANY color at all, so feel free to just name a color if you think it would work. Also, if you could reccomend a font to use and how to use it that would be nice. I'm open to any suggestion.

Thanks in advance everyone. :)
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Xepher

Hmm... Not bad, though I'd suggest for a logo you try and recreate the compass digitally, so you get clean lines and less "sketchy" to it. But then I look at your website, and the sketchy look seems to be an integral part of it. Hmm... As for fonts, well I'm a huge fan of "Dragonwick" and that's what's used in the main XN logo. http://xepher.net/logos/XepherNet.jpg It's a free font, so it's pretty easy to get a hold of. In fact... http://www.fontfiles.com/Fonts/D/dragonwick.zip

tickyhead

Actually the compass was done digitally to begin with. I wanted it to look like a hand drawn old-timey compass you see on treasure maps and stuff. I guess I succeeded then, eh? :)

Thank you for the font suggestion, too. I'll try it out.

[edit] Alright, I used xepher's font in a few different positions, comments on any of them?

that's all, folks. [/edit]
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.