News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Manda's Sketch Pad

Started by Manda_Tifa, March 03, 2006, 05:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manda_Tifa

Hello!  I actually found out about this site through www.missmab.com...But I suppose I should get on with the application, shouldn't I?  

Username:  Manda_Tifa
Email:  DiddyVt@hotmail.com (I have a junk mail filter, so I don't mind the spam-risk)
Former URL:  http://mandatifa.deviantart.com
Site Description:  Okay, I'm going to start off by saying that I have absolutely NO knowledge of running a webpage.  What I need is a place where I can host my artwork, since I do commissions for people on www.gaiaonline.com.  I used to use www.deviantart.com, but since they've changed their TOS, I have lost the desire to continue uploading there.  I'm a fairly active artist, so updates would be semi-frequent.  I've also been toying with the idea of a webcomic, but I haven't actually gone very far with that yet...
And, I'm not very clear on how this site works.  You "okay" me to have a web page that you host...but I don't know anything about coding or HTML, or what-not...so if I need to know that, I might as well pack my bags and continue my search elsewhere...

Thank you for your time, and I'm sorry if this is, well, short.  I don't have much to offer other than my artwork.  I look forward to hearing from others!

tickyhead

sorry, but HTML is a prerequisite. Xepher is not like deviantART where you have a cute little uploader and just click a few buttons and put in your image and BOOM! instant webpage, it's basically "here's your plot of webspace, go nuts. Bye." I'm pretty sure it was mentioned around here that xepher.net wasn't like DA or those kind of sites, and it should have been fairly obvious if you had looked at some other people's websites around here first. So, yeah......if you REALLY are serious about getting a good website, learn some HTML and come back in a few months. It's a handy skill to know on the internet, anyway.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Chow

Very true. That said, you should play around in dreamweaver or ::shudder:: frontpage to see what you can come up with.
[some kid]: :cool: "wei long....clever..."
[me]: :/
[Ian]: :mad: "Actually....that's his name, JERK!"
[me]: :lol:

Manda_Tifa

Thanks for the input, guys.  Is there a way to decline my application?

tickyhead

You just gotta say it, which I think you just did.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.