News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

LeSage Online

Started by LeSage, May 05, 2006, 02:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeSage

Username: lesage-online
Site: lesage-online.xepher.net
Email: duelistqueenATnetzeroDOTnet
Site Type: Online art gallery/portfolio

Hi! I'm LeSage (obviously lol). Let me begin by saying that I think this site rocks. I've been looking for a really good free host for a while now and I feel so lucky to have come across this little gem. But I'm totally off subject now, so I'll get back to the point. Currently I'm a second year visual communications major pursuing an associates degree. The site I'm creating at the moment is actually a project for my web design class, yet I want to be able to keep it up and running far beyond that. As I mentioned, the site would be my personal online gallery/portfolio. Through the site I hope to get recognition in the art world. My current goal is to get my name out through commission work thus gaining experience and polishing my own style, which by the way is greatly influenced by anime and manga. Eventually, I want to create my own mangas. To get a better idea of my works please visit my deviant gallery at

http://lesage.deviantart.com

As I said earlier, I'm still in school so I'm a little behind in my art endeavours, but I'll be catching up this summer. Nevertheless, my site will be updated in a timely manner. I just hate when people don't update for months on end, so I can at least guarntee (sorry I can't spell, lol) that my site would be updated once, if not more, per month. Below is a layout I'm currently working on for my site;

Now I hope this doesn't sound pushy or anything, but again, since this site I'm working on is a project for class as well, I'll need to have an answer as soon as humanly possible. My site is due up and running the second week in June. My apologizes if this makes you seemed hurried in making a decision, but should you reject my application, I would need time to find a new host. Well I believe that covers it for now. Thank you.

~LeSage~

Munerift

Well, if you had read the application read-me, you'd know applications are pretty much to a halt right now, so I would consider yourself on notice to look for another site.

A good one is http://10e.net   or another one is also http://atspace.com

Hope that helped.
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

LeSage

Well I don't remember anything labeled that on here, but maybe I missed it somehow. As far as the hosting goes, I'll be looking at others, but I'll still be waiting on an answer from here as well. And thank you for the recommended hosts, I'll take a look at them as well.

Xepher

What she means to say is that I'm a lazy bum, and have not been reviewing (or at least not accepting/rejecting) applications for several months now. Real life has taken over, and it may be a while yet before I give a review. If you're patient, then no problem, hang out with the rest of the bums waiting on my bumnevolence! :-)

Munerift

Yeah... get out of here ye lazy bumb... go work on my hosting! *kicks Xeph in the butt* =D Heeheee.

Sorry about my last post, it was simple and too the point (at the time) but on re-reading it looks that I was cold. I assure you I was in a hurry. =P

It's not contained in the official "read me before posting or applying" posts, however throughout the discussions of those and Xeph's self announced updates on the main forum it's been mentioned a few times that he was having some difficulties and wouldnt be able to let a bunch of peeps join at the moment; the applications would be alittle (re: QUITE) slow.

Xepher is a wonderful host (once you're hosted!) and I wouldnt discourage you from keeping at it to join, however as far as your school work goes you will need to look at other avenues for temporary hosting.

...another option as well is you mentioned you were attaining a degree. Most colleges offer free webhosting to their students --though they oftentimes do not have pretty web-addresses. All you usually need to do is talk with the head tech person for the technology department.

Hope some of that helped you... even alittle...    

On another note, I LOVEEEEE the message of "Set Me Free."
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

LeSage

Lol, that's okay I totally understand. Take your time. Man, I wish my school did hosting for students cuz that'd be great, but alas...no. But that's okay, for my project I'll just host on another site for it, then I can just switch over later. That is if you decide to accept me, hehe. *crosses fingers and hopes you do* ^_^ Oh yes, and before I forget, thank you Munerift. It always makes me smile when others find something to love about my artwork. It makes it all the more rewarding and keeps me going. Again thank you to you and Xepher.

~LeSage~

LeSage

Just a heads up, I'm still around, just been absent what with projects and all, lol. And...I am still waiting to hear a 'ya' or 'nah' about hosting my site. But like I said, take your time hon, I know you're busy.

Xepher

I'm looking at your DA gallery. Last image was March 24th. Also, you've got very few drawings of your own. A lot of avatars and banner/sigs and such, as well as B&W photos, mostly from odd angles and out of focus. Not exactly a lot to go on.

LeSage

Well I've been rather busy with school and work as of late so I haven't been able to sit down much to do any of the works on my list. Next week is the last week of this quarter so I'll be able to get started on those projects soon. But if you need something more to go on I can always dig up some old stuff and upload them. Maybe even upload the sketches of those character cgs of mine.

LeSage

Hi again. Sorry I know I've been missing in action. Just so you guys know, I went with JanHost to host my site. You can see it at http://lesage-online.cv.vc . Anyway, I think it came out pretty good, got a B in the class this time around. I just wanted to say thanks for considering me, but I'm afraid I'm going to pull my application. I've come to the realization that at this time I'm not really in dire need of this site, so eventually I'll be pulling it from the net as well. I'll still have my deviant gallery which I think right now serves me best. I may come back in the future though if I ever get a manga going finally. Again thank you for your time and good luck to all.

~LeSage~

Xepher

Righto... It was sounding to me like DA was pretty much the thing you needed, not a full site here... at least not yet. Feel free to reapply in the future if you think you need it.

LeSage

Thanks Xepher. With some luck, I may be back one day. And I'll be sure to recommend you to others who are looking for hosting. Take care.

~LeSage~