News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

You Know You're A Nerd When...

Started by Xepher, August 21, 2005, 05:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Databits

You know you're a nerd when you set up your own MMORPG RO server so you can play on it.

... when your a founding member of a high school computer club
... when you collect or play Magic the gathering (or used to).
... when you go out into the woods on a monthly basis, dressed in fantasy or ren-styled clothes and act out being a totally different person.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

SilentFyre

Nothing wrong with CSI. I mean, I catch every episode I can and just revel in the marathon days.

However. The moment someone on your softball team mentions Grey's Anatomy (I've watched it once and don't know which Gray.) you perk up because you know it is an intellectual subject. However, you are only shot down when the other girls look at the orignal girl funny and bring up some crazy show on MTV. This happened today and I was rather sad.

I had a whole conversation with some kid today in English about electronics and how to connect them and which computers make good gaming computers. I had to resist the urge to ask if he played WoW. I wasn't afraid of him finding out that I play, I was afraid of finding out that he plays an alliance rogue. THAT is a sad thing indeed.

thefemnazi

Quote from: SilentFyreI had a whole conversation with some kid today in English about electronics and how to connect them and which computers make good gaming computers. I had to resist the urge to ask if he played WoW. I wasn't afraid of him finding out that I play, I was afraid of finding out that he plays an alliance rogue. THAT is a sad thing indeed.
I don't think that's sad at all.  I think it's guarding yourself wisely.  ;)
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

SilentFyre

I know. Those rogues are sneaky devils. However, I would almsot feel bad every day I came in there and I had ganked the poor guy the day before.

Glennoar

I once made a sword entirely out of computer parts.  I wish my mother didn't decide to toss it.

Xepher

I think this one says it all... http://www.little-gamers.com/index.php?comicID=1342

I was afraid I would know it during the two lead-up panels, but kept hoping I'd maybe at least have to think really hard about it first. Nope. Knew it right away. Is this where I go into my room alone to cry? Oh wait, I already am alone in my room. Well... that saved a trip.

Oh, and for those wondering, the original is here. Warning: NSFW (but just text.) http://bash.org/?104383

cha0s

HAH I knew that one too... >.>;;

well, on the topic hmmm

you know you're a nerd when:

You use the word "vector". Period. XD
xepher puts the SEXY in DYSLEXIA

My Music!
FreeBASIC rox hard

dragyn

Or, as in my case, you might just be in math class...

not that I'm sure I'm NOT a nerd, or anything.

Xepher

In other news, Battlestar Galactica is STILL the best television show in existence.

That is all.

Xepher

... you instantly get the reference in this comic. http://mitchclem.com/rockcity/index.php?comic=66

+200 to obscure music taste! And bonus for it being the first CD I ever listened to as a kid.

fesworks

... can't say I get the reference... though if you say it I'll probably go "OOOOOOOH!"

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

In other other news... Stargate: SG1 WAS the best television show in existence.

The King is dead! Long live the king!

I just watched the last episode ever and I'm... well... heartbroken. I can't believe they're ending it. It's like my best friend just died. (Is that pathetic?) However, I do know the away message I've had for a while now is even more true. Once you see the episode, you'll understand. Thus, I just want to say...

"Have you ever seen the rain?"

trekkie1701c

I have to wait until April to see it go.

I'm hoping they don't kill off Atlantis as well.  Stargate and Battlestar are the only reason's I'm even bothering to turn on my TV anymore, and Battlestar seems to be going downhill a bit.

Oh, and you know you're a nerd when you bring Pie to school on Pi day.
What are you looking here for?

Witchiebunny

As my Trig teacher used to say:

"Pi are squared? Who came up with that?? Pi are not square. Pie are round. Cornbread are square!"

fesworks

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com