News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

need some computer advice

Started by griever, June 15, 2006, 04:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munerift

Spppppt... a   c l e a n             i    n sta  ll   of   Wi ndo  -w s    will let you      reu -  se   that  No  r ton again.

The above was on purpose so it isnt   in d  ex    ed.
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

Databits

Also note that Norton "temp" accounts seem to be automatically erased every 6 months. I found that if I waited long enough I would be able to reinstall with a trial period reset again. But considering I never really use any antivirus software, it's been a long time since I even bothered. So long as you keep your OS up to date and don't download/run a bunch of stuff, you're usually pretty safe from viruses.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

griever

Well, I decided to get a Mac, mostly because the options between a Dell and a Mac were very limited.  I thought the transition would be harder, but I've been working most of this afternoon to get the computer running the way I want it.  It's been surprisingly easy to find similar programs for everything I used on Windows.  The only thing that bugs me is the trackpad, but then again, I've never been a fan of trackpads.

At least it's 5 pounds.  x.x  I switched computers on my desk today and there was definitely a difference.  I have a feeling that my shoulders will be much happier.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)