News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Sylph

Started by sylph, July 26, 2006, 06:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragyn

Sylph is used in a lot of video games/stories.  Final Fantasy is just the best known.

Anyway, let us know if you ever get a (mostly) functional site.  I'd like to see what "your" Sylph is.

Good Luck.

sylph

Yeah about that >> I finished the design on the computer and went to scan the picture I drew [happy at how it came out] only to find that my scanner is broken. So the layout is really plain, but if I make another layout, I'll try to get that picture in. I was away at Shelter Island all day yesterday so I just have to upload the layout and put all my work etc. on it.

NOTE : My 'layout' is not a PSP one; it's made on Paint. NET :/ Best I can do so far, we'll just have to see how it comes out ..
Immortal love is held within mortal hearts
<3.<3

sylph

YES! http://freewebs.com/ilysfmx3

Done [: Well, I decided to use this crappily made PSP layout instead of the Paint. NET one. I know that it's really bad, but .. yeah, so far this is all I can do. If it's not good enough, I could always learn how to make tables from scratch?
<3.<3

Xepher

There's nothing there... just a picture with an iframe. (that breaks your copyright notice, FYI)

sylph

What's that?? o.o You don't see any text?
<3.<3

tickyhead

the text is there for me, but the links are...how shall I put this? Nearly invisible and waaaaay too small. Those little yellow x's are just....too tiny. Couldn't you just make the entire title of the poem the link, and in a color that actually shows up?

Also, while this is just a minor pet peeve of mine, you may want to do some research on how to keep the background of an iframe from scrolling with the text. Again, minor peeve, not the end of the world.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

griever

I can see the text, but I can't see the links at all.  I moused around until I found them.  x.x  There's also a yellow blob in the upper right corner that looks like it's supposed to be aligned to the upper right corner?  Or there's a graphic missing?
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

sylph

Maybe some of you use a different browser than mine, but I on my computer I can read it just fine, but I'll change it. Yes, I believe you have to make the background fixed right? I'll do that too. And yeah, I'm not sure how to align that 'yellow blob' [ it's supposed to be the sun x: ]. Heh, anyone know how?
<3.<3

sylph

Oh, a question: how big does the text show up on the site?
<3.<3

sylph

There; how's the text now? Too big or still too small?
<3.<3

griever

The text is a good size for me, although you might want to consider a san-serif font, like Verdana or Helvetica.  You can align anything within a table cell by adding align=left|right|center (pick one) to your TD tag.  If you want to use the sun as a background image and have it aligned up-right, fixed, and never repeating, check out CSS.

I can see the sun a little now...I'm using Firefox on a MacBook though, so that may have something to do with it.  Are you using browser safe colors or is that just a color combo that kills my eyes?
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Munerift

Just right, but I suggest and urge you to learn how to properly code a website, there will be no flashy tools to use here... =/
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

sylph

Alright, I'll learn tables then [: .. and CSS. And idk, maybe the sun is a little too bright. If this application gets accepted, I'll be sure to use 'browser safe colors'.
<3.<3

Munerift

I know it all seem's overwhelming at first, but I'll let you in on a little secret...

Back when I was learning, I had a little Neopet... and I learned HTML using their awsome guide. Other free ones are out there to teach you, and some almost teach you with hardly no effort; soon you'll be dreaming in HTML.

As for CSS, I still have trouble understanding that stuff; when I need to use it I tend to lookup guides from google to aid me.
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

sylph

Haha :D Thanks for the tip!
<3.<3