News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Lazy Grind Mark 2.0!

Started by reinder, September 10, 2006, 09:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reinder

The artist and cast of Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan are proud to be part of the Lazy Grind Mk. 2, a competition to maintain a three-times-weekly update schedule for as long as possible. Xepher.net gets a namecheck in the sidebar, by the way.

Three updates a week may seem like a step back from the five I've been posting weekly since May, 2005, but from Monday and into the indefinite future, I'll be posting all-new, work-intensive ROCR comics, and trust me, three a week will be difficult enough.

I hope you'll enjoy following along and do drop by at the contest's hub site, Daily Grind Mk. 2 to check out the other comics and trash-talk on my and xepher.net's behalf in the tag board!
Reinder Dijkhuis
Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan | Waffle

fesworks

hey, that sounds like a pretty cool idea!

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

Cool! Good luck with it. Seeing Xepher.net linked from there reminds me I really need to revamp the site and get some "offical" link images or something. Right now, it looks like they just grabbed one of the random logos from the main page. I'm quitting my IT job and going to wait tables, and (sadly) it looks like I'll actually have more free time (and money) with the "menial" job. Hopefully I can get through some of the revamp stuff I want to do, as well as catch up on applications.

fesworks

I would love to be apart of something like that! Perhaps I'll see if I can try it next time. In any case i'm going to read up on their community and such. and also, Good luck!

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

reinder

Well there's talk in the Comicgenesis message boards of setting up competing Grinds.  That sounds like a good idea to me.
Reinder Dijkhuis

fesworks

I saw an idea for a grind for overproductive artists.. the ones that update almost daily.. with the goal to be UNPRODUCTIVE.. and you loose when you do more than X amount of comics a week :P! they were joking, but I'd think it'd be a challenge to not progressing the story as fast as you'd like!

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Munerift

I cant help but think Reinder & Fezworks look alike with their user icons. *giggles*
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

fesworks

I like to think I have more hair, but yea I see what you me. But in real life... I actually do look very close to Gordan Freeman:

Though right now, i'm looking a bit more like David/"Fes" from my comic. (only I'm much better drawn in real life :P ... and I have pupils in real life too :P :P)

oooo please don't use the "z" in my name. Reminds me of when "That 70s Show" came out, and then people online kept tormenting me by calling me "Fez" instead of "Fes". I mean, no offense, just sayin' ;) *hugs!*

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

Wow, you really DO look like Gordon. That's uncanny!

fesworks

I HAVE to try and see if I can make an HEV suit for Halloween. But I don't think I got the skills. Perhaps I can ask someone on campus.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

Reindeer, I've been really enjoying your comic! I like the drawing style! Its so awesome! Seems a bit familiar, what were your inspirations for you art style?

EDIT: and Holy crap!?! have you been online with that webcomic since 1991???

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

reinder

Quote from: fesworksReinder, I've been really enjoying your comic! I like the drawing style! Its so awesome! Seems a bit familiar, what were your inspirations for you art style?
Oh, God, where to start? Asterix was  a big influence, as was Cerebus. Add in bits of Heinlein (who I loathe now, but enjoyed between the ages of 10 and 30),  Pratchett, Monty Python, Miyazaki, Daniel Ostvold and many of my local peers who were putting out black and white fanzines at the same time I was.
QuoteEDIT: and Holy crap!?! have you been online with that webcomic since 1991???
No, I simply started writing and drawing the comic in 1991, as a callow youth of 19. I didn't start getting it online until, oh, late in 1994.

Thanks!
Reinder Dijkhuis

fesworks

wow, you are older than I thought then.

plus you have been online longer than Sabrina and Freefall... two of the oldest comics I know of, that's cool :D

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com