News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Project Wonderful advertising

Started by reinder, November 08, 2006, 04:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragyn

Cool.  Thanks.  You have any I could put on my site, about the same size?  (I'm probably just blind, but I didn't see any on your site)

fesworks

In my Links section at the bottom :P

Speaking of which I am behind make link banners for sites... I make custom size ones that are taller, but shorter than the basic 486x60 so I can fit two on the same line (mine at 400x80)... I need to make some more for more sites I like.

EDIT: Updated my page and seperated the random images 3 times 5, 5, and 3... I have static images above and below, so There might be doubles occasionally.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

dragyn

Heh.  I found them just now, too.  I'll add that when I get the links page rebuilt.

I caught up now...you really have improved.

fesworks

I'm going to make a strip comparing the first strip to the current ones at some point... and then I'm just going to scream at it while Fes and Ernst make fun of me :P

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

dragyn

I think we've hijacked Reinder's thread...

reinder

I can steal it back. Got a couple of $ 0 ads going right now...
Reinder Dijkhuis
Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan | Waffle

reinder

Well, here's a first. I just rejected a Project Wonderful ad and banned the advertiser. It's easy to do. Italian lotteries, be gone!
Reinder Dijkhuis

fesworks

Quote from: reinderI can steal it back. Got a couple of $ 0 ads going right now...
Which I have as well... 2 spots that are open too... You don;t put your ads up for long periods of time do you? I always select a year. What do you do? A week?

with how small my site is, I think I'm going to drop the big banner ad and make mine 6x1 minis instead... take up less space.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

reinder

When I started out, I did a year, but lately I've been keeping the ad periods shorter - a week to a month. Ads typically have diminishing returns over time, and my wallet isn't bottomless either. Also, I'm still not quite sure what exactly I'll have on my website in a months' time.
Reinder Dijkhuis

fesworks

I always put $$ caps on so I don't need to worry about the time so much.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

reinder

That's just a matter of priorities, really.
Reinder Dijkhuis

fesworks

Speaking about priorities, the following comment has nothing to do with them... but how do you say your name right? It may be as simple as "rain-derr", but I keep thinking "reindeer"...

:P

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

reinder

The simple pronunciation is adequate.
Reinder Dijkhuis

fesworks

you must get that a lot... I guess I was hoping for a funnier response :P

personally I get called "Fez" sometimes... and I'm like "... That's an 's'. ".... *shrug*

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

Holy CRAP! Cost of ads on Comic Space are super high!

http://www.projectwonderful.com/advertisehere.php?id=580&type=2

might be worth it for a day...

I'm not planning to do any more major advertising until the 2nd week of January. I have too much irregularity in my updates right now... delaying the arc by 2 holiday strips and then another on the 1st.

BTW, I'm planning on using Kel in a clothed Web14, single panel cameo that may appear in 2-3 weeks... "Wrong Number" with her Crystal Ball :P I'm also planning on using Tetra from Wind Waker and Bon from a DMFA strip if I can get permission from who owns that character.

Do you happen to know any other comics that have characters using cyrstal balls or crystal pendants to communicate?

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com