News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

New Forums!

Started by Xepher, May 15, 2007, 04:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Databits

make sure that your settings aren't screwed up for sessions and caching

go into the top bar where you'd enter a url and type in about:config

then look for things like session and cache.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

Firefox has an option to limit cookies to the life of the browser session. When you close the browser, it destroys all cookies.
Edit:Preferences:Privacy:Cookies:Keep Until:They Expire
Also make sure you haven't check the option to "Always clear my private data when I close firefox"

fesworks

Quote from: Xepher on May 18, 2007, 08:09:18 PM
Firefox has an option to limit cookies to the life of the browser session. When you close the browser, it destroys all cookies.
Edit:Preferences:Privacy:Cookies:Keep Until:They Expire
Also make sure you haven't check the option to "Always clear my private data when I close firefox"

but.. I want it to ask my permission to set cookies each time! I permanantly deny almost all of them asside from the sites I need to log in to. Can;t it do both? I select "Yes" and "Always remember for this site" for the ones I log into... but it still cancels when I close the window

*cries*

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

griever

You can add Xepher.net under "Exceptions" I think.  Set it to "Allow" and I think it means Xepher.net will always be allowed, no matter what.  Or maybe until the natural life.  I've got a few sites saved under there so I don't have to log in again and again....
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

fesworks

I do and I have... still logs me out :( Stupid FF.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Desh

Are you sure FF isn't clearing privacy stuff when you close the window?  It's seperate from cookie settings.  Check Options: Privacy: Settings: Clear Private Data When Closing Firefox.

fesworks

There is no "Settings" part under privacy :/

also, odd thing is this: The blank "log-in" fields where there again and said I was a "guest" but when I clicked a thread and came in (without logging in), it said I was logged in... weird :/

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

It's possible your ISP is doing some sort of proxying/caching maybe. Showing you old versions of a page or some such. Weird, and I don't really know... just guessing.

Desh

Quote from: fesworks on May 27, 2007, 06:19:21 PM
There is no "Settings" part under privacy :/
You must be using a version of FF I'm with which I'm not familiar.  I use FF 1.5.0.11 and 2.0.0.3 for Windows, and there're Settings buttons under privacy.

The roundabout way of checking is in about:config (type about:config into the URL window and go).  Look for privacy.sanitize.sanitizeOnShutdown and privacy.item.cookies.  sanitizeOnShutdown says whether or not data will be cleared when you close FF, and item.cookies says if cookies will be cleared.

And, like Xepher, I've no idea what's up with that latest thing.

Xepher

So I guess no one's used it, because no one reported it broken, but the spell checker now works... at least for english. Seems I had the spellcheck software installed, but no dictionary. Heh. Anyway, spellcheck button at the bottom of posts should work if you want it. If it doesn't work for you, let me know. I've been using firefox all this time, and it auto-checks anything put into text boxes, so I've never tried the forum one before.

fesworks

.... hwat the fuck is spelcheck?

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com