News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

PHP Scripting Help please~

Started by Thu, August 23, 2007, 11:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thu

So, while I was waiting till xepher is finished with everything, I thought it'd be productive to actually work on a site, just for practice and stuff.
I installed Cutenews, Bellabook, and phpBB forum. Cutenews and Bellabook are going smoothly, except for phpBB Forums. :(
I haven't a clue what's going on with the PHP script. [here]
It says:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in /home/www/izufable.awardspace.com/forum/includes/functions.php on line 756
???
If you could tell me what's wrong or fix it for me, that'd be greatly appreciated. :-\

Xepher

Sounds like your ISP might not have session support compiled in their PHP. Try a test script like the following...

http://xepher.xepher.net/test.php

<?php phpinfo() ?>

You can click the link to see the output of that here on xepher.net Note the "Session" section. See if it's enabled on your current ISP.

Databits

and if it's not, you can write your own session handler using MySQL and PHP. Frankly the default session stuff is extremely limited anyhow. All a standard PHP session does it take data in an array, serialize it using the php serialize() and stuff it in a file under a unique identifier.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Desh

session_pagestart() is a created function defined in the sessions.php file in the includes folder (at least in phpbb 2.0.22).  Check if that file is there and if it was damaged somehow.