Content > Misc. Content

PHP Scripting Help please~

(1/1)

Thu:
So, while I was waiting till xepher is finished with everything, I thought it'd be productive to actually work on a site, just for practice and stuff.
I installed Cutenews, Bellabook, and phpBB forum. Cutenews and Bellabook are going smoothly, except for phpBB Forums. :(
I haven't a clue what's going on with the PHP script. [here]
It says:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in /home/www/izufable.awardspace.com/forum/includes/functions.php on line 756 ???
If you could tell me what's wrong or fix it for me, that'd be greatly appreciated. :-\

Xepher:
Sounds like your ISP might not have session support compiled in their PHP. Try a test script like the following...

http://xepher.xepher.net/test.php

--- Code: ---<?php phpinfo() ?>

--- End code ---

You can click the link to see the output of that here on xepher.net Note the "Session" section. See if it's enabled on your current ISP.

Databits:
and if it's not, you can write your own session handler using MySQL and PHP. Frankly the default session stuff is extremely limited anyhow. All a standard PHP session does it take data in an array, serialize it using the php serialize() and stuff it in a file under a unique identifier.

Desh:
session_pagestart() is a created function defined in the sessions.php file in the includes folder (at least in phpbb 2.0.22).  Check if that file is there and if it was damaged somehow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version