News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Basic Sig Tutorial

Started by RoxorFuxor, September 18, 2005, 07:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoxorFuxor

I don't know if any of you will use this, but I made it and thougt "what the hell, people at xepher might like it"

Okay, I made a tut using my Akira Sig.  I used PS while making this.

1.  Open up a new image any size you want ( this one is about 350x175, but I typically use a 400x150 for the background).

2.  Set the background to black (or any other color you want) and select the gradient tool (on reflected.

3.  Now,  there are two ways to go about this step:

3a. select any light color you want and make a series (about 15-20) very thin gradients going in all different directions.

3b. Select the lightest red with hue 0 and make 2 gradients, then change the hue by 50 and add 2 more.  Continue until you get to 350 hue.

4.  Now, make a new layer (ctrl+shift+n) and set the blending (right click on the layer>blending options) mode to "Difference".

5.  Repeat step 3 (using the same version you used in 3).  

6.  Merge down (ctrl+e) and set the hue and saturation (ctrl+u) to what you want.  (For this example, I set it to colorize and then to red).  Now, you should have comething like this:

7.  Now to find the image you want in it.  Here is the two I used (cropped and editted out of their background):
You can find your own picture, of course, and just edit it up with an eraser and some airbrushing.

8.  Fit the picture to the background mess around with the opacity and blending options and filters until you get something you want (I will go into a mini tut about how I went about my guys soon), add text and you are done!

Mini Tut: What I did to my renders.
1.  First I resized Kaneda (the one in the jump suit) and pasted him to the picture.

2.  I then changed the blending option to linear light:

3.  Kaneda is done, so now get Tesuo on there.  I didn't resize him and just let his face be shown.

4.  I then selected his hair:

copied it (ctrl+c) then deleted it (Delete, duh).

5. Now paste it (ctrl+v) and  fix it so it matches his hair (you will have to zoom in).

6.  Now, I set the opacity to 77

7.  Now that I am done with the pictures, I can add text.

8.  Now, the shadow in most of pictures is made by me, since I don't like the drop a shadow feature (under blendind options).  I type the word first and then Rasterize type.  After that I changed the foreground and gackground to gray and used a filter (such as smuge).

9. Now that you have your shadow, type the word again and set it slightly above the shadow.  And that is it, you are done!

Here is the psd if you want it: http://gladmorin.xepher.net/akira.psd

That was my first Tutorial, how was it?  If people like it, I will make another one with more of a complex nature (not too hard though).

thefemnazi

I think the tutorial itself is very concise and clear.  I think that it would be very easy to follow.  The only suggestion I would make is to make sure you are just as clear about what program the sig was created in.  I'm assuming photoshop, but I don't recall seeing it specifically mentioned.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Databits

It looks like it is photoshop, but under a windows xp environment with a custom windows theme that doesn't come with windows.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

RoxorFuxor

I mentioned I used "PS" to make it, but I will make it more clear next time, thanks!

thefemnazi

Going back I did see the PS acronym.  So we were both right.  PS is letting us know which program you are using, but I think a full name would work better, just for newbies who may not be used to the "slang."  I know that I am often retarded about such things.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Tafkae

PS can stand for Paintshop, too.

Xepher

And let's not forget PostScript...

RoxorFuxor

I usuually refer to PaintShop as PSP (PaintShop Pro)

tickyhead

PSP!? (Playstation Portable) WHERE!?
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.