News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

A new Lakota nation..?!

Started by Munerift, December 21, 2007, 04:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munerift

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/12/20/lakota-natives-withd.html

I don't know what to make of this. I don't think the US will allow it... but... wow. Way to stand up!
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

Xepher

Yeah, people try this all the time. Though it's usually gun-toting white guys in Michigan or here in Texas. In fact, I hear a bunch of states tried that a hundred years ago or so... didn't work out too well for them then either. Heck, there's at least 3 or 4 people around here every few years that declare themselves an independant nation. Even Ozy and Millie spoofed the idea... which is a very amusing comic arc, FYI.

Gwyn

So that's where that arthritis pill name comes from.
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Databits

Yeah that seems like a great idea. Try to withdraw from a country which declared war on Iraq without real cause? Good luck.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

fesworks

I heard the Florida Keys actually did this for a while. They did not like how the US treated them for some reason... they declared independence, had a flag and everything, and then attacked a border soldier with a stale loaf of bread, immediately surrendered, and then applied for aide.

Sounds like it's fake I know, but I swear it was one of those "Sounds unreal, but true." things somewhere.... don;t hold me to that though.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

Actually, it sounds quite similar to the plot from "The Mouse That Roared" Actually a pretty funny movie too.