News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

My Fault!

Started by Xepher, November 15, 2008, 04:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

Sorry about the outage last night. I forgot to rotate the log files because of the whole trip to Ireland thing, and /var/log/ ran out of space, causing apache to bork. I've moved everything, and it's working now. Additionally, I finally scripted this to be automatic from here on out. That's something I meant to do over two years ago, but never found the 10 minutes to actually do until now. :-)

griever

Ahh, okay, I was wondering what had happened.  (Not like I really understand the specifics!)  Thanks for fixing it though. :)
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Dui

I think everyone was wondering, but the slowness is totally understandable! Hope your trip is/was completely awesome and full of indescribable win.
No one ever got anywhere with fear in their heart and lead in their ass!

Miluette

Ah, so that's what happened!
And now it inspired you to make that automatic code. Yay~!

Hee, are you still on your trip? Fixing things on the run! Amazing!
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Xepher

No no, I got back from the trip a few days ago. The thing was I was supposed to rotate the logs at the start of the month, but I was leaving on the trip on the 2nd, so I forgot, and it finally ran out of space last night. In fairness, I actually hadn't done it last month either, because then I saw "eh, it can wait another month, it's got room." But yeah, it should be automated now, and hopefully this won't happen again.

fesworks

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com