News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Any other WoW players here?

Started by Databits, July 22, 2005, 09:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Databits

I know that Xepher and I both play, even though on different servers, but does anyone else?
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

Gwyn

i can't afford MMORPG monthly fees :(
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

tickyhead

I suppose I COULD afford it if I wanted to . . . thing is I'm already an RO junkie and all, and ONE rpg consumes more than enough of my time, let alone two :P
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

griever

I'd probably love the game, because I liked all the previous incarnations of Warcraft, but I'm on dial up and I'm poor. :(  Someday, maybe, just to try.  The problem is that I'm not a huge fan of playing against anonymous strangers.  Anonymous, potentially rude and idiotic strangers.  I'd rather stick to getting beaten by my friends or my computer.  x.x
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Xepher

I hear that... I hated EQ and most other online games for the same reason. Surprisingly though, WoW seems to NOT be filled with jackasses. Sure, there's a few here and there, but most of the people I run into are actually helpful and nice.

griever

That's good to know, Xepher!  I've avoided EQ for the same reasons (my friends who are/were obsessed with it had similar thoughts), as well as that new Final Fantasy game.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Databits

QuoteI suppose I COULD afford it if I wanted to . . . thing is I'm already an RO junkie and all, and ONE rpg consumes more than enough of my time, let alone two
Yeah, I like RO, but I played on the official servers for 2 months (on a free 15 day trial because they were too dumb to shut off the account) and didn't care for em too much. It's too difficult to level, decent items are hard to come by, and the lag... OMG the lag. It's sad when private servers like valhalla had no lag and were just as big as their smallest server. So no more RO for me anymore. I like WoW because of the flexibility, and nobody on RO roleplays.
(o.O)    

tickyhead

QuoteYeah, I like RO, but I played on the official servers for 2 months (on a free 15 day trial because they were too dumb to shut off the account) and didn't care for em too much. It's too difficult to level, decent items are hard to come by, and the lag... OMG the lag. It's sad when private servers like valhalla had no lag and were just as big as their smallest server. So no more RO for me anymore. I like WoW because of the flexibility, and nobody on RO roleplays.
eh, it's gotten a little better now than it was when I first started. (lvling is still WAY too frelling hard, tho ><) I never get lag for more than a second or two, and it's usually because my computer did something stupid, not the game's fault. of course I have a decent internet connection and a reeeeeally nice computer.... besides all my friends are on RO and I'm far too anti-social to try making new ones. >>;

Now that I think about it my friend has WoW and lets everyone play on her computer for hours on end...I should hang out there more.

Gwyn

Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

tickyhead

hehe... on the subject of WoW, (although not quite the same >>; ) anyone seen this little number? XD (most likely yes, I'm always about three steps behind everyone else ><)

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=PurePwnage-WoWisafeeling

Tangle

That video... is amazing.  

The sad thing is, I actually know a couple who met over a MMORPG.

Xepher

Heheh. Leroy was hilarious. Notice that they had that many people, all organized, and chatting using teamspeak? I hate those people. I don't have time to devote my life to the game, but people like that go and get all this stuff, drive prices up, slaughter all the important spawns, etc... Before us part-time players ever get a chance at it.

The second video was corrupted when I tried to view it. It chopped a lot, then the sound just died. Oh well.

Databits

I thought about starting a new character on the new server that just opened. That way everyone is on equal playing grounds. Since character transfers are currently disabled, itwouldbe equal for a time at least.
(o.O)    

SilentFyre

Wow I can't believe I missed this thread! Heck yes I play WoW! This might be the reason I did miss this thread.

I mainly play the horde side on the server Nathrezim. I also have an alliance character on Sargeras, but all my friends seem to have ditched that server. They did all try making new characters on that new server and if I weren't so attached to Nathrezim, I would have joined them. I'm just tired of moving to a new server with my friends and them just giving up on it.

As of now, my characters include:
-Undead Mage: Level 43 (Nathrezim)
-Troll Priest: Level SEVEN (Nathrezim)
-Night Elf Druid: level 35 (Sargeras)

I aslo made a hunter on Sargeras but eh, Im not really playing there much anyways. I made the priest last night and was just like, "Blegh." and I needed sleep. However I really enjoy playing her.

I did go out and buy a headset and I have gone on to TeamSpeak a few times. However, when I was on TS, I wasn't really of level to do any good instances that would need it. The only time we were a group when on TeamSpeak was when we all got drunk, turned into pirates and raided Booty Bay. (My friends aren't very sane.) If you kill enough bruisers, you can get friendl with the pirates and they give you a hate that will summon a parrot. I don't know about you, but I hate the bruisers with a seethign passion and when I get to 60 I am going to kill as many as possible.

I played Valhalla online as well and damnit I liked it! It was a fabulous server. However, it really can't stand up to WoW. The graphics in WoW are way too awesome and the people are more flexible. I have yet to meet a complete pain in the ass. Yes there are those who you ask "Why are they that level?" or even "Why are they playing that CLASS?" Im serious. My friend went on a Scholomance run with a level 60 healing specced priest who didn't know how to heal properly. Then at the end, they all thought they had done a fabulous job.

Then we move on to those who are just oblivious to common courtesy. I've had one encounter that just angers me. I usually offer water to people who could use it and port my teammates when we need it. However, one day in the badlands someone asks if I could port to Orgrimmar. Sure I can. I invite him to my group and give him a second. He didn't ak if it costed money or aknowledge the fact at all. I ported him anyways and would have ported him for free had he even thought about how much it might cost. This was right after I had hit 40 so I was still rather stripped for cash. I had bought my mount and even had to borrow money for my training. I just want people to understand that hey, it costs 18s to port you places!