News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

When, if ever...

Started by JM, February 18, 2009, 06:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JM

I've been looking at majors at schools back in Hawaii, where I grew up, and they appeal to me more than the ones that are the college I'm at right now. Things that deal with tropical environments and animals, mostly.

But since I really like my school right now (George Mason University), I don't want to transfer. And I would really miss my friends.

I think I'll just do a B.S. in Biology here (with a concentration in Environment and Conservation), and then go back to Hawaii to get my MS in Marine Biology or something.

Xepher

In college (when we were underage still) we used to joke "I'm majoring in liberal arts with a minor in possession." Eight years hence, and I'm still not any closer to a real answer. If I do go back, I'm betting it'll still be liberal arts of one kind or another.

"Liberal Arts: We do less each day than most people do by 8am." :-P

Pedes

Huh, that is a good question... I'm 24 ands till unsure.
I started university of technology in Electric Engineering which would give me a nice job probably, but I felt like I was dying inside and run away. Then I started ethnolingustics which basically doesn't make me anyone, even though we learn a lot. I'd like to do something creative, connected with art and writing and/or communication. I'd love to whore myself to advertising for a while, but it's not easy to get there. I'd love to make my living by creative writing or art (illustration, storyboards, concept art etc.) But it requires talent and skills. Don't know about the talent, but I'm trying to polish my skills :D Still I got into writing and art at the end of high school and I'm self-taught mostly so what chances do I have? D:

Miluette

You have plenty of chances, Pedes!

...I say that, and yet not a one of my friends from college got a design job or anything near what they expected after graduation. D:
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Miluette

Haha it's almost hard to tell if this person is a spammer.
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?