News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Any Mummers 'Loud in?

Started by Gwyn, December 10, 2009, 05:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwyn

I don't know what you guys do for Christmas traditions but I'm going mummering this weekend!

In the Newfoundland sense  of mummering we just dress up in a silly disguise and go to houses and jig and get druuunk(now obviously you can't be as willy nilly with it now as you where back in the day what with the pedophiles and murderers running amok)

Here is a song about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E86bcriRtW8 (it was made in the 70's I'm sure, be gentle)

Now as a warning I'm sure if you do this other than in a province/town that is aware that this kind of thing exists YOU.WILL.BE.SHOT please mummer at your own risk!
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Xepher

Yeah, I'd definitely be shot around here. I've heard of this before, and it sounds really awesome. I can't believe you've found another reason for me to be jealous of Canada. Seriously! Canada? It's not supposed to work that way!