News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

NaNoWriMo 2005!

Started by Tangle, October 19, 2005, 06:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangle

In November, you try to write an entire novel in 30 days (50,000 words, or 175 pages). Deadline is midnight, November 30th.  Think quantity, not quality.  

...masturbation lessons?  puppets?

Ashley_Rose

I love you Harm. So much.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

Databits

So it's a contest to see who can put themselves through the most hell in a short timespan? Or is it judged based on the content of the stories originality. Something that is pretty rare now days.

Then again, it's hard to think of a story that isn't in some way a derivation of what someone else has already thought of at one time in history. It's no wonder why movies are starting to suck. It seems like people are running out of original ideas lately, so things are starting to bleed together in similarity.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

Nah, it's only a contest against yourself, but with the theory that "misery loves company." Anyone who actually meets the goal is declared a "Winner." I guess it's mostly like a self-help group for masochistic-writer-wannabes. :-)

Ashley_Rose

Mmmmmm...masochistic wannabe writers....
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Aetre

I don't know if I'll have time this year...

(but if i do, i'm writing about a muffin with eyes and feet.)
"Not even the Human can stop me now..."

Ashley_Rose

Mmmmmm...bipedal muffins....

DC Bueller

Sigh...I need to get something to get me on my groove, but I don't think this will be it...I'm still working on trying to make sure my house isn't falling down or flooding (and failing horribly at it).
Don't let the end of the world keep you from living another day.

griever

Quote from: Xepher
Quote from: grieverI think they're all literary masochists.
But you repeat yourself. Seriously, don't literary asperations and masochism go hand-in-hand? Or have I been doing it wrong all these years?
Only if they try to write the great American novel in a month... ^-^
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Tangle

Oh goodness, guys, 5 hours left!  (in my time zone, anyway)... and here I am reconsidering my idea.  >.<

Miluette

I think if I were doing this I'd jump into cold water. Just like that, bam - new ideas.

Good luck, guys!
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Xepher

Unfortunantly I have to be at work at 9am, or I'd start writing tonight. Tomorrow though... tomorrow I must make myself write. Good luck all!

Ashley_Rose

Good bye soul, and hello soulless husk!

tickyhead

Quote from: TangleOh goodness, guys, 5 hours left!  (in my time zone, anyway)... and here I am reconsidering my idea.  >.<
YOUR idea? I still don't even HAVE an idea and I'm a good 14 hours into November! Just go with what you got and it'll go fine. Well, as fine as trying to write a 50k-word novel in one month can go at least. :/
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Xepher

2000 hours, MST, 11-01-2005: Word count=0.

EDIT: 2130 hours, MST, 11-01-2005: Word count=1475.