News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Golden Crystals Application

Started by golden-crystals, January 10, 2006, 08:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

golden-crystals

Yes, I know HTML, I'm just far too lazy to construct a new layout from scratch, it would probably look pretty much the same either way. So changing images, colors and effects are what I do. I'm always careful to give credit to the original maker though, I'd hate to get in trouble, lol
'In case of stupid, throw a brick'

Golden Crystals - Your journey is before you.

tickyhead

Ah yes, I know the whole "lazy" thing very well. Which is why it takes me three months to do a layout I could have done in three hours......
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

dragyn

Heh, my layout took 2 days--I made it while I learned HTML, which is why it's so simplistic.  It works though, so I keep it.  

For me, your site looks fine.  Good contrast, good color choice, and nothing blatantly broken--at least, not that I see.  

Good luck on getting accepted--the waiting line is long.

golden-crystals

Yeah, here's to waiting! *clink* ha ha

Munerift

Oh I find your layout to be very pleasing... well done!
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

golden-crystals

Alright, I went ahead and got an account on Comic Genesis - http://goldencrystals.comicgenesis.com - and it's up and running if anyone would like to see this activly updated and up kept. It's been up for two months, updated 3 times a week. I would still like to keep my application here though. Is that cheating? lol

Munerift

Yes, now you're DENIGHED..!

..Just kidding. *huggles*
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

Xepher

If I said "yes" would you still be interested?

golden-crystals

Xepher

Done. You should have an email with instructions. Please follow them.

GabrielsThoughts

I actually like the art and the writing is ok... I don't really like the plot, it reminds me of Alice in wonderland meets Sonic the hedgehog, or DBZ ( but then again that might make it more desireable.)

golden-crystals

oh God, something needs to be seriously changed if it reminds ANYONE of DBZ!!! lol, but Alice in Wonderland is ok. But then again, you're right, the plot is a little cliche. We've made several changes, and the focus in no longer on the whole 'She's just a normal girl and now has awesome powers!', lol, it's now more on the culture and relations of the countries and such....yes, this is all just hu-ha bullshit until I actually get to drawing that part.

Everything aside, Thank you for your comment!

tickyhead

Anything that involves super powers of some sort and multiple enemies will remind SOMEONE of DBZ. Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, Fushigi Yuugi, Sailor Moon, all have been likened to DBZ. Dunno why. There were a ton more too, (oh, yugioh was one) but I can't think of them at the moment.

Anyway, if someone were to make a list of everything that was ever likened to DBZ, it would probably be able to wrap around the world. Twice.

golden-crystals

but when I think DBZ, I think disperportional muscles, no plot, funky hair, and those silk button-up T's worn by overweight greasy otakus......*shudder* Whereas the others would be more flattering to be compared to, lol. But there's no flattering here, I just hope I don't remind anyone of DBZ.....directly.......please......

tickyhead

Ah, but what you think is not what everyone else thinks, and many many MANY people have a very broad range of things that remind them of....other things.

Personally when I think of DBZ I think of freakishly-built body builders and "power up" scenes that last for an entire season, in which they do nothing but go "AAAAAAAH!" and have people (other freakishly-built men mostly >< ugggh, scary) comment on how strong they are. Of which, your comic's plot does not remind me at all.