News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

sillyscarecrow

Started by sillyscarecrow, December 16, 2006, 09:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sillyscarecrow

Hello all,

I am a college student at the Art Institute of Washington, majoring in Game Art and Design.  I want to use this site as a way of letting many read and view my copyrighted art work for a specific story/comic/book. I am in the process of getting my children's book published and would like for this site to be the home of the world of Silly and to add to the addition on the great Xepher.net world. Once again I have followed the rules to the best of my knowledge, and all pictures i originally made and copyrighted for the safety of Xepher.net.  I am not here to sell anything related, if you have any questions of how things can be purchased or know a potential investor one may contact me and i can answer them to the best of my abilities.  In the near future I would like to have a second site if possible to showcase my portfolio filled with many types of mediums and styles of fine art to digital.

Secondly, I have always been a firm believer in thinking outside of the box all the way from when i was younger and ran my own lemonade stand; to currently seeking funds to open up a studio that produces many forms of media for the greater good of the youth and generations to come of this world.  I believe that classic stories were great and alot of the modern day cartoons that are said to be for children still put things in their that can have a negative future effect on them. The future begins and has always begun with those in the present, our actions speak loud and echo all the way into the future and its our responsibility to look out for those to come, in my opinion.  Also I am open to constructive critics and hope to help them members anyway I can.

Hopefully I will get to know you all on Xepher.net and get approved for a website.

Thank you,
Joseph H. Willis Jr.

"No one Ever Really Dies"- N*E*R*D

dragyn

Okay...

I'm not going to say anything more than that until I at least see an example (or two, or three, etc.) of your work.

An example site would be nice, too.

(P.S.  It would be a lot easier to read your post if you'd put spaces between paragraphs)

sillyscarecrow

Thanks for the advice, and will do

Xepher

Umm... a mockup page done in MS paint doesn't really count as an example. We need to see examples of your artwork mostly, but also your ability to create a website. Working webpages are best for that, but failing that, at least screenshots of working pages would be nice.

sillyscarecrow

okay. i used a mini Waacom tablet and Photoshop to do that crappy sketch, who still uses paint shop? None of my pictures seems to load on any free picture hosting site. Have you checked the website link of mine yet?  I'm building the real website in flash 8 right now. Even though i did not fully design that site, its a glimpse at what I am trying to get it.  What are the benefits of me hosting my work on here anyways? How long will the site be up for and all of that.  I'm serious about this, yet im still working on huge projects at the time. I no disrespect, but I do not put out so easily.  Besides, the vibe of this whole thing kind is not suited for me ( after looking around). I know that I am a newbie to this forum, but I still at least try to talk and speak humble and respect one another even though we are behind a screen. with me, respect is key. Certain members on here need to work on their art and story telling before they start trying to bash a newbie in order to make themselves feel good.  I do not have the time for this so im out. I'll just be dumb and host my own site and pay the 2 dollars a month fee that comes with freedom of owning and hosting my own.

fesworks

I use MS Paint...

also, how tall is that horse you are riding?

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Xepher

Look, we're not trying to be rude, but I spend a LOT of time trying to run this place. I put up an instructions post specifically detailing what needs to be included in an application, and how to format it. When people ignore those things (like giving a username and email address IN their application post) it gets tiresome.

Anyway, best of luck to you!

dragyn

Take care, and good luck!